New product from Suburban Machinery - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

New product from Suburban Machinery

I was just at the Suburban Machinery website: http://www.suburban-machinery.com/index.htm and they show photos of the soon-to-be-released handlebar risers. No price as of yet. No specs, however my eyeballs tell me it looks like the riser may move the bars back slightly more than the "Heli" riser plate currently available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:05 pm

The price it $149.95 and the first batch is at the powdercoaters. I ordered mine this morning.

Mike
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:05 pm

Jeez! I was hoping for good news. Like someone finally decided to move the bars further DOWN!!! Do you guys like steering wheelbarrows or something?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Jeez! I was hoping for good news. Like someone finally decided to move the bars further DOWN!!! Do you guys like steering wheelbarrows or something?!
I give new meaning to the term "short arm." Besides, I rode that K12 from NC to CA and back and my sixty year old spine ain't what it used to be.

Mike
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 2:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
I give new meaning to the term "short arm." Besides, I rode that K12 from NC to CA and back and my sixty year old spine ain't what it used to be.

Mike
I hear ya Mike. Just razzin' a little that's all.

I rode 8K miles in 3 weeks with the bars all the way DOWN, and ZERO pain. This GT fits me like a glove. I'm loving it more & more each time I ride it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 3:35 pm

Quote:
I hear ya Mike. Just razzin' a little that's all.

I rode 8K miles in 3 weeks with the bars all the way DOWN, and ZERO pain. This GT fits me like a glove. I'm loving it more & more each time I ride it.
Yeah, ain't these machines great! I haven't thrown a leg over my FLHTC since I bought the BMW. Be careful out there.

Mike
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 4:11 am

Quote:
Brilliant, absolutely priceless!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 1:06 pm
Enthusiast

Garage
I have been comfortable on the stock setup, so I am curious.
Are the guys that need bar backs! Are they the same ones that need a new seat?
I've tried to figure out what bike they have come from, maybe an LT or GW, thus the need for seat and bar changes as the GT is more a agressive riding position. Maybe, because my GT is an 07 the seat is better.

Or the real truth, after riding my Ducati sitting on it's hard board of seat in a semi-fetal crouch, the GT is like a couch. These 64+ bones were only good for about an hour on the Duc, until I put a Sargent seat on the Duc. better, but not even close to the GT.

Do not take this wrong, what I am saying is we are all different, so what is comfortable to one of us is probably not for others. Beside the bike is yours so make it fit you.
I am just looking a point of reference.

Having bought my GT at the end of December in snowy Michigan, where at sat in the "heated' garage so I could go look at it and whine about all the CA guys getting to ride. I started to panic reading about all the problems and negative things I read about, what had I done to me. Thus the need for points of reference.

I bought the best bike there is. After getting good riding weather and a problem less bike I can not be more pleased.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 1:34 pm

Ex-LT rider here. But I also had a ZX-11 Ninja at the same time.
The GT in it's stock config is perfect for me. Bars all the way down, seat in the high position.

Nearing 22K...so I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe I'm just not as soft as some of the girls riding bikes these days.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 1:52 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Ex-LT rider here. But I also had a ZX-11 Ninja at the same time.
The GT in it's stock config is perfect for me. Bars all the way down, seat in the high position.

Nearing 22K...so I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe I'm just not as soft as some of the girls riding bikes these days.
I ride with the bars all the way down and no risers. The seat, on the other hand, was destroyed with less than 500 miles on it. The foam was actually ripped and seperated from the rear of the seat. At 200 lbs. I'm at least 150 lbs. lighter than Joe. So, I don't know, but I really, really had to get that seat rebuilt. Call me a pussy, at least I can ride all day.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode