08's--any info? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2007, 9:23 am Thread Starter

Question 08's--any info?

eljeffe posted the 07 production schedule as Aug 06-Jul 07. I assume the 08 model will start Aug 07.

Does anyone know when the 08's should get to the dealers? Have there been any leaks as to 08 changes? Fixes, colors, engineering, options, etc?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2007, 9:34 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727cpt
eljeffe posted the 07 production schedule as Aug 06-Jul 07. I assume the 08 model will start Aug 07.

Does anyone know when the 08's should get to the dealers? Have there been any leaks as to 08 changes? Fixes, colors, engineering, options, etc?

Regards
Last year I had an a first week production 07. Received it the first week of September, in California, drove Clearwater nuts.... So as far as I can tell it went kind of like this:

The Germans close the production plant for July, or some chunk of it. They start production back up around Aug 1, first shipment leaves 2nd week of August arrives in Us late August. Arrives showrooms in early September to mid September.

BTW, the production line is used to build many bikes, so this schedule can be skewed if say when they get back to production, they build a whole bunch of LT's which some other thread claims are a bit hard to find these days....

Guess on new features. Working ASC.......

2008 R 1200 GS ADV
2007 K 1200 GT Graphite
98 HD Sportster 1200C [Sold] (Mistake)
Various dirt bikes in my youth.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2007, 3:30 pm

Well, I currently have a July build for my '07. Wonder if I should wait a month and get an '08. With the July build I won't get it till August or September. If I got an August build I likely wouldn't get it till October or November which is the end of the riding season (I'd just have to ride my wing longer).

Time for a new Topic Post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 12:30 pm

Unfortunately, I hear that the '08s will be even slower than the '07s are! Lord knows no other GT is faster than the '06 GTs in Deep Blue Metallic! :yeah
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 6:06 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Unfortunately, I hear that the '08s will be even slower than the '07s are! Lord knows no other GT is faster than the '06 GTs in Deep Blue Metallic! :yeah
Sorry to have to disagree Joe, while at the same time agreeing. It is true that all '06 bikes are faster and snappier than the '07s, (at least those smart enough not to upgrade their eprom) but it's a indisputable fact that CGM is the fastest followed be DBM then Graphite.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 6:19 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Now Joe, while we all know that the 06 KGT with the original software will always be the faster, quicker and leap taller than any model year thereafter, the 06 Crystal Gray Metallic like the one I own is in fact faster than any other 06 color and obviously the FASTEST factory KGT ever built.

John 06 CGM KGT
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 7:10 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John06KGT
Now Joe, while we all know that the 06 KGT with the original software will always be the faster, quicker and leap taller than any model year thereafter, the 06 Crystal Gray Metallic like the one I own is in fact faster than any other 06 color and obviously the FASTEST factory KGT ever built.

John 06 CGM KGT
Exactly. The fastest KGT ever built.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 8:37 pm

Talking

I feel so much more enlighten after all that info.

Thanks Guys.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 10:17 pm

I also read where the new K engine for '08 will be a variable displacement engine kind of like the Chevy Tahoes and some Hemi's have. It's a gas saving thing....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 10:25 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent
I also read where the new K engine for '08 will be a variable displacement engine kind of like the Chevy Tahoes and some Hemi's have. It's a gas saving thing....
I know of an 06 blue that alreay has.... it's called a failed rear end

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode