'07 or wait for '08. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2007, 3:36 pm Thread Starter

'07 or wait for '08.

I've currently got a July build date for my '07 loaded K1200GT. Didn't realize that the '08s start getting built in August. So I'm now wondering if I should wait and get an '08. With a July build the bike would get her in August or mid September latest. That'd give me about 2 months of riding. With an '08 I wouldn't get it till likely October earliest, don't know if I could even get it broken in then. Might be better to wait and get say a January or February '08 then I could have it by April when I could ride.

If I get the '07 I get to ride sooner (but not for long) and in the meantime I have my GoldWing to ride (and my VStrom). Also, the '07 will have the latest software load so should have all the bugs worked out.

As the K1200GT was overhauled in '06 I don't imagine there will be many changes between '07 and '08. But I do like Farkled bikes so if they were to come out with the "urine extraction device for Iron butt riders" I'm sure I'd want it . Not sure what else they may come out with to set apart the '08s though. Will have the upgraded seat etc. but the new '07s will have that as well.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 12:27 pm

I was in the same situation during '06. I chose to buy the '06, and in hindsight I'm glad I did. Even more so for you. The '08 won't have anything new that the '07s have. And you could always retrofit.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 6:12 pm
Veteran

I have to agree with Joe. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush . . .

But if in that bush a fair maiden should stand, then a push in the bush is worth two in the hand.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 8:09 pm
Enthusiast

Dont overthink this

Life is way toooo short for waiting on things like this. Get the bike and go enjoy yourself.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 8:26 pm
Just saying hey

I couldn't wait and didn't

The only regrets we will ultimately have are the the things we didn't do. Saturday is a fantastic day to buy a bike. Get to the dealership at opening time, buy the bike, and thrill yourself for the rest of the day. Your family will be glad that you won't be able to wipe that - - - - eatin' grin off your face.

'It gave me the notion of an exotic Immensity ruled by an august Benevolence. It made me tingle with enthusiasm.'
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2007, 10:01 pm
IBR# 366

Your call, obviously. I chose to wait for an '07 with everything on it rather than rush for a leftover '06. My dealer found exactly the bike I wanted, and it's been trouble-free so far. You could get one right now, or you could just wait and in the mean time, read all the threads about the early bikes with hesitation, bucking, crappy seats, failing drives, etc.

If you really wanted a bike now, then I'd say find a dealer that already has one in stock that you could get right away and be riding all summer long. Maybe it'll be in the US, but importing isn't really that tough and you just may save a few $$.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 3:17 am
Noob

Greets BcDon,

Here's my 2 cents worth. I was told 3-4 weeks from purchase date to delivery here in Calgary. I actually rode it away in double that. Funny how many "things" come up that the Dealer has no control over. My favorite was that the Head Tech can't come in today because his septic tank wasn't working.

If you can get your hands on a GT, do so and don't let go. ASAP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode