BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Proud KGT owner on delivery day!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  John06KGT 
#1 ·
Hello all. Here's a few pictures of my 06 KGT when I picked it up from the dealer in Eugene, Oregon on Aug. 16th. That's me in standing in front. I'm wearing the tie because I was in town for a meeting that day. My riding gear was stashed inside the dealership. I can't say enough nice things about the dealership. The owner's name is Scott and he's standing to my right behind the bike. He's young and loves what he's doing. His wife Madaline is standing next to him at the front of the bike. She works in the parts department so it's a family affair. My first visit there the saleswoman, Diane Flanders (she's standing behind the top case in the group photo) handed me the keys to a GS demo bike and directions for a 38 mile country loop. Nice. The first time I saw the KGT was the weekend before while it was in the shop being assembled. Under the shop lights the Crystal Grey Metallic looked almost white so you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw it for the first time outside in natural daylight as shown in the second photo. What a great color! The last picture is my new KGT with my KLT trade in.

Thanks for indulging me.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
congratuations
a wonderful bike
thanks for the images and description
glad you experience at the dealer was first-rate... it's important to take the time to tell GOOD stories... and YOU did.... thanks

i can't wait to hear more about your experiences with the bike
some detailed descriptions of RIDES would be wonderful

congrats again....
and i think your CLASSY outfit was PERFECT for the pickup of this CLASSY bike

#5 ·
congratulations:

Thanks for the photo opp. Make sure to give some ride reports. You look like you might be 6' + so some of the taller riders out here might be interested in how the bike fits them. I am 5'8" and the bike fit like a glove.

Cheers. and good luck with your new ride.

#6 ·
Thanks for the positive feed back and I'll be sure to post my a report on my ride next month from Portland, OR to Devil's Tower. By-the-way, a word of caution to all of you out there. That innocent trip to the Beemer dealer to just check on something can turn into a major purchase real quick. My wife and I went to BMW of Western Oregon to just check for some summer riding gear. We ended up purchasing BMW's new Venting Machine gear for her and two weeks later I ended up purchasing the KGT. I think I got the better deal!

Talk to you all soon.
John

#8 ·
roadshadowww said:
Yes those Saturday "run-by" visits can cost you dearly....and those "just take it for a little ride" demos too.

That's how I ended up with the '04 R1150RT, the R1200RT, a K1200R and the new GT.

Oh well, it's just money right ? RIGHT !!!!!! LOL
Yep, me too...never should have test rode the GT that just happened to be on the floor in May, and with my wife encouraging me the whole time!
Nice pics and story.
Thanks and welcome to the GT crowd.
Greg

#10 ·
Wow good question. :confused: At times it should be both as I have character flaw that allows me to speak my mind when I least expect it. However, the actually chest protection ability is questionable as it didn't seem to be working during my last engineering discussion with the meeting title of "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!" Go figure. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.