BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

R1200St vs K1200S

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Amac 
#1 ·
Did anybody consider the R1200ST before they bought their K1200S? And are there any R1200ST's anywhere except the one on Ebay??

#3 ·
gtmg said:
Did anybody consider the R1200ST before they bought their K1200S? And are there any R1200ST's anywhere except the one on Ebay??
Totally apples to oranges. Ask your dealer to search BMW's inventory. They weren't great sellers so you should be able to steal one.

The bike got good writeups.

#5 ·
Yep - since I came from the Boxer world, having owned an R1150RS, I naturally considered buying an ST and test rode one. Very nice and easy to ride bike - seemed like it would be a fun bike to own. Reasons I didnt choose it are (1) pretty ugly looking bike (2) not worth the money and (3) K1200S is a much more formidable ride.

If I were to go back to a Boxer engine bike, I'd consider the R1200S which seems like a much more fun ride and well suited to an occasional track day.

#6 ·
I looked at it, but the riding position of the K1200S and R1200ST were both too aggressive compared to the -R...

I think the graphite/silver, blue/silver, black/silver, and red/silver STs are pretty good looking bikes, the whole cyclops headlight thing notwithstanding.

Not such a fan of the blue/black and red/black combinations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.