BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Ft Bragg, CA Trip - October 21-22, 2006

5K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  rhhall 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Glad to see you'll be there!

#6 ·
I was just talking with David Taylor. To make sure we get enough seats for dinner, please add your name to the following list and I'll coordinate with David on the LT site (so you don't have to log in over there):

1. El Jeffe
2. Raffy
3. Rich Hall & Lisa
4. Ray Hazel
5. Rich Hackel

PS: Hey Ray, is Bill coming?

Looks like I'll have the R1200ST for this trip. Never ridden one before!

#8 ·
Add us 2 for dinner time please

I was just talking with David Taylor. To make sure we get enough seats for dinner, please add your name to the following list and I'll coordinate with David on the LT site (so you don't have to log in over there):

1. El Jeffe
2. Raffy
3. Rich Hall & Lisa
4. Ray Hazel
5. Rich Hackel
6. Fletch & Cheryl

Looks like I'll have the R1200ST for this trip. Never ridden one before![/QUOTE]

#9 ·
eljeffe said:

1. El Jeffe
2. Raffy
3. Rich Hall & Lisa
4. Ray Hazel
5. Rich Hackel

He's expressed interest. I'll call and get a commit one way or another
eljeffe said:
Looks like I'll have the R1200ST for this trip. Never ridden one before!

#10 ·
#11 ·
Just checking, but is everyone meeting at the lunch stop at Tony's Seafood in Marshall on Tomales Bay?

They are opening early for the group at 11:30am.

#16 ·
Razel said:
Jeff,

Is responding here sufficient, or do we also need to post in LT forum? I saw a list there as well, but names were missing...not that we have to be announced there as well, I suppose.
I'll update the list with the people who have responded here. No need to go sign up over there just to get your name on the list. :D

Do make sure you get your hotel room situated. If the weather is great, it will be hard to get a room.

#17 ·
Just checked on the list. I think everyone is listed. Rich & Lisa, Raffy, Hazel, ElJeffe, Hackley, Fletch. Any others?

#18 ·
Fort Bragg Meeting

Hi, I've been lurking here for a few months. Am thinking about switching camps and interested in the GT. Im in Marin Cal so Ft Bragg is a nice short ride for me. Would like to talk to riders of the new Gen GT. What do you think is a good day and time to talk to GT owners about their bikes and get opinions. Phil.

#20 · (Edited)
pmorritt said:
Hi, I've been lurking here for a few months. Am thinking about switching camps and interested in the GT. Im in Marin Cal so Ft Bragg is a nice short ride for me. Would like to talk to riders of the new Gen GT. What do you think is a good day and time to talk to GT owners about their bikes and get opinions. Phil.
I haven't ridden with this group before, but based on prior get-togethers that I have ridden to, Saturday evening is the best time to talk to people. During the day, we'll be riding. Most of these guys will proabably be on LT's, but Razel, Fletch, and I ridde classic GT's. El Jeffe acquired his new GT in May, so he's got almost 6 months on his...

Edit: Don't hesitate to get to a dealer and see if they have one to test ride. Generally, test rides are encouraged, just be sure are ready to drop some coin when you get back! And welcome to the board, Phil!

#21 ·
rhhall said:
I haven't ridden with this group before, but based on prior get-togethers that I have ridden to, Saturday evening is the best time to talk to people. During the day, we'll be riding. Most of these guys will proabably be on LT's, but Razel, Fletch, and I ride classic GT's. El Jeffe acquired his new GT in May, so he's got almost 6 months on his...
He's wussin' out...picking up a R1200ST in San Jose instead of riding from Texas to Ft. Bragg. Takes, what, all of three days at an easy pace?

Sheesh...

:teeth

#22 ·
Razel said:
He's wussin' out...picking up a R1200ST in San Jose instead of riding from Texas to Ft. Bragg. Takes, what, all of three days at an easy pace?

Sheesh...

:teeth
Oh Ray! You're killin' me!

Wanna know my travel schedule for the week?

Mon: DFW-TUL
Tue: TUL-DFW-LFT (yes, the lovely metropolis of Lafayette, LA)
Thu: LFT-HOU
Thu night: HOU-DFW
Fri: DFW-SJC (maybe I should try to ride the 1800 miles in one day instead of flying :D )

#26 ·
190 miles from Ft. Bragg to home. One tank of gas, too. Stopped once in Boonesville to see the Anderson Valley Brewing Co. eatery. No brewery tours, though, as they'd painted the floors Saturday, so they were still waiting for the paint to dry.

One of the most frustrating things on a great, twisty road is the auto jockies that don't understand the concept of turnouts. Some folks will ignore the double-yellow, and I understand that. I avoid it because it seems that LEO's know when I'm about to do it, and congregate at the point where I fell it's the safest. 128 is a neat road, but having one idiot before the Boonesville stop and one afterwards really put a dampner on things.

So, Derek, backing up 12 cars by doing 15 under the speed limit while ignoring turnouts AND having your ham radio call sign on your license plate isn't, IMHO, one of the more brilliant things you've done lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.