Nokia Navigator and Scala Rider wont pair - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2007, 5:31 pm Thread Starter

Nokia Navigator and Scala Rider wont pair

I just bought the Nokia 6110 navigator. Great GPS, fast and accurate. Trouble is, it wont pair with my Scala rider headset. Ive had the head set for a year, and it pairs instantly with my old Nokia 6230i as soon as they are both switched on. I can get the old phone to pair with the 6110 no problem. So its not as if the new phone cant pair. It just wont do it with the scala rider.

There's no facility in the new phone's menu to search for other devices, except in the data transfer menu. When asked to search for BT devices it finds all nearby BT phones and computers. Just not my headset. Help!

2007 K1200R Graphite
2005 XR400R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 4:31 am Thread Starter

Well gosh thanks for all the interest guys!!

OK i did some more research, its because the new Nokia stuff uses a later BT and the 'rider is BT 1.0, and of course they are incompatible.

All is not lost though - the Interphone by the Blue Ant folks seems to work well. I tried it in the shop today, and there were no dramas.

So theres another $A250 down the dunny still has to be better than looking at paper maps.

2007 K1200R Graphite
2005 XR400R
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:24 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyGuy
Well gosh thanks for all the interest guys!!

Guy, You have to realize the odds of one of us on this forum who has also bought a new Nokia 6110 Navigator and also has info about pairing it with a Scala Rider, and who has been on the website recently to see your post are pretty small.

We can all jump in and conjecture about what might help you (and that's what usually happens with posts like this), but sometimes we actually show restraint (which we are not known for here) and don't post responses unless we really have something to contribute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:27 am

scala-rider is Compatible with Nokia Navigator

Hi Sidney Guy

The scala-rider line of Bluetooth headsets are all compatible with the Nokia Navigator.

If you are having problems pairing the headset to your Nokia, please contact Cardo Systems at the Cardo Support Center. We will gladly assist you in troubleshooting this process.

Regards,
Ariel Lifschitz
Manager
Cardo Support Center

CONTACT US:

www.cardosystems.com

[email protected]

+1-412-788-4533
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2007, 9:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
Guy, You have to realize the odds of one of us on this forum who has also bought a new Nokia 6110 Navigator and also has info about pairing it with a Scala Rider, and who has been on the website recently to see your post are pretty small.

We can all jump in and conjecture about what might help you (and that's what usually happens with posts like this), but sometimes we actually show restraint (which we are not known for here) and don't post responses unless we really have something to contribute.
yo, Chuck, you're right, I sometimes need to pull my head in too... think i'm learning some bad habits from others who post here.

Arielluis (Ariel from Cardo systems) has kindly put me in touch with his support team who do the ScalaRider. If they succeed in getting me paired, i will let you all know.

I will also eat my Akubra (slightly smaller than a ten-gallon).

2007 K1200R Graphite
2005 XR400R
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2007, 11:22 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

How cool is that? Post a problem and get an answer directly from the manufacturer!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2007, 6:17 am Thread Starter

Hmmmmm....guys, i have a confession to make.....

The Scala Rider paired with the Navigator. True, it took me 25 attempts, but suddenly it offered itself up for pairing, and now I have the sweet tones of an English girl's voice navigating me around town, and I'm happy.

So to be fair to Cardo, I'm going to have to post a new thread entitled, "Scala Rider and Navigator pair" but I dont expect anyone to reply to it.

Chuck, thanks for your patience, sorry for using bandwidth. I promise I'm not trying to beef up my thread count!

Guy

2007 K1200R Graphite
2005 XR400R
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2008, 4:45 am

Hi Guy
From another Sydney rider :-)
Ive also got the 6110 and didnt have any issues pairing BUT the Scala Rider has given me nothing but aggravation since I got it.
It came bundled with a TomTom Rider which is cool for the longer trips or just pairing it directly to the phone for the day to day stuff.
Ive had heaps of problems, switching itself off constantly, not talking to the Tom Tom after the first call, then you have to reboot the headset and the Tom Tom to get it to work again.
Could not complete a trip with it continuing to work
To top it off, the first time I got caught out in a heavy rainstorm the scala rider, completely flooded and was cactus.
I pulled the charger plug out and water ran out. Cant believe its so NOT waterproof.
Not like Im going to pull over on the motorway in the pouring rain to take it off is it?
Dont know if it was just a bad one or if they are all like that but its been nothing but trouble.
Unfortunately it was a gift so I didnt have a receipt to claim warranty

Wonder if I also get a reply from the manufacturer?
Cheers
Marc
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2009, 1:59 am

I run both the scala rider (first version) and the Blueant Interphone.

I have ridden in pouring rain for hours and not had a problem with any water ingress for both units.

Both units paired up with an old Dopod and the new Nokia N95 8GB without a hassle.

My interphone is about 18 months old and the battery life is disappointingly short.
I was paired with another rider on a recent riding holiday and it was a pleasure to use. Getting me around blind bends when he was able to pass a car first was a brilliant.

We both charged them overnight and turned them both on at 8am when we started riding and mine died around the 1.30pm mark.

So I turned up the ipod and bopped away instead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode