Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
D'OH!!! ScalaRider and Nokia Navigator DO actually pair
Yes thats right, they do. It took me lots and lots off goes, but it happened. And now it works every time. Weird.
So thanks to Arielluis from Cardo for prompt attention (even though i didnt end up needing it). I love the ScalaRider and Im glad that i can keep using it.
By the way its a great combination - the Nav sits on your belt or in your jacket, and the voice guidance is fast and accurate. Satellite locks are amazingly quick, maybe its due to cell tower as well as satelite triangulation. Dunno, but its fast.
I prefer just running with the voice nav. I dont want to spend time looking at screens, i just want to watch the cagers.
Other great things about the phone/nav combo -
- you dont have to worry about taking it off the bike when you pay for petrol etc;
- its one less charger to carry;
- tiny size, compared to say the Zumo or TT rider
- easy to send nav points etc to your friends
- unlike the N95, you dont have to subscribe to the voice feature, its in the phone
So worth considering anyway
2007 K1200R Graphite