BMW adds ZUMO to offerings - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2007, 1:51 pm Thread Starter
Noob

BMW adds ZUMO to offerings

Yup, BMW now will offer a branded version of the Zumo. One part number for the Zumo complete with the FM navigation antenna, and mulitple part numbers for the "fitting" kits.

WL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2007, 2:22 pm
Veteran

I figured as such. Looks like the end of the StreetPilot era too.

Now that the Navigator III has been out about a year, it's time for a new GPS model. They seem to make this a yearly thing now. Must mean a new Zumo is on the horizon too. Maybe with the XM built-in, better weather and traffic, higher rez screen, easier to press buttons, and a better cradle mount that won't cause the scratchy audio.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2007, 2:55 pm
Noob

The announcement on the LT site said nothing about XM Radio. They disabled this feature in the last Navigator. Supposedly because BMW has an exclusive agreement with Sirius.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2007, 10:39 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Must mean a new Zumo is on the horizon too. Maybe with the XM built-in, better weather and traffic, higher rez screen, easier to press buttons, and a better cradle mount that won't cause the scratchy audio.
This could be cool.....

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2007, 11:29 am
Enthusiast

Red face Zumo

I hope this is a good place to post this.
I have a ZUMO 550 and am happy about all but the way it shows local small roads, which are the roads I ride all the time. Maybe I'm crazy, but you don't need a GPS to use interstates or main roads.
The small roads are shown by really narrow faint blue line on a pastel yellow background. I find in the sunlight I can't see them very well. I use the GPS to lead a ride on Sundays on all back roads and need to see where the curvey roads are when approaching intersections. All my previous GPS's havn't had this problem. My most recent unit was a 2610 which was great. As I remember it had the problem at first and one of the software updates fixed it. I called Garmin yesterday and was told it would be an engineering problem and they weren't going to fix it. Seems to me they only need to make the roads black or make them a few pixels wider.
If any of you have the same problem, please call Garmin and tell them.
H
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2007, 1:32 pm
Addict

BMW zumo

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showth...2807#post82807

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode