BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Mark's Outdoor Gear

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  jgr451 
#1 ·
I bought a GPS from them by phone on May 28.

I have not received the GPS yet.I have called about 15 times and I occasionally speak with people in customer service who are very nice and promise they will sort it out.The story is that they sent it DHL;but they can't or won't give me a tracking number.

They do not return phone calls or e mail.

Do any of you know anything about this outfit?They are supposed to be located in Florence KY.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
No service

Just to update this,there is no change.Last Friday I spoke at great length with a Roger who said he is in customer service,and he says "this will all be straightened out by Monday".

Nothing.

They don't answer the phone with a live person,or return phone calls.

Has anyone dealt with or heard of this company before?Their website lists an address in Florence KY,but "Roger" says they have no presence there.

#3 ·
Put a stop payment on your credit card. If they sent it you would have a tracking number. Who knows the reasons for the delay, but none are your problems. If you wait too long, the credit card company won't support you.

#5 ·
Scam?

Yeah,thanks Fellas,it sure has crossed my mind.

I had another long chat with a fellow today finally,he seems to be right on top of things.If they are scammers,they're good!

The deal wasn't quite too good to be true,but it is the cheapest published price I have seen.

I have been assured that my GPS should be in my hands no later than Monday,so,I will wait till then.

I hear you about the credit card company!

#6 ·
They don't have it in stock and are ordering it for you. What a waste of your time, as it probably won't happen. If they haven't givenyou a tracking #, it just has not been shipped. Cancel the order and see what they say........Call your credit card company now!

#9 ·
Mark's Outdoor Gear fails to deliver

I have had to conclude that this a fraudulent oufit.I have informed my credit card company and demanded a refund.I don't think I will continue to post this up as there doesn't seem to be much interest.Thanks to the people who did post advice and information,it was helpful and I appreciated it.

#11 ·
No joy here

Hi Kregg,the good news is I bought a GPS from Amazon.com,no problem at all.
Mark's Outdoor Gear has admitted they have no presence in Florence KY,that they are a reseller...they took my money on May 29,promised a refund on July 7,hahahahaha!!!

It is to die laughing.I do have my credit card company after them.

#12 ·
I’m a Sergeant for a local police department outside of Columbus, OH. We had purchased 15 new BMW motorbikes that come with a GPS already installed. We contacted BMW and they informed us Garmin produced the GPS’s and the model was a Zumo 550. They gave us a price a little over $1200.00 each, so we did some research on the internet and found Mark’s Outdoor Gear under 630.00 plus free shipping. We purchased 20 Zumo 550's from them on June 10th and we received 5 different packages, 4 units each, by June 18th.

We came back on July, 15th and purchased 10 more at 625.99 and received these on July 22nd. We are very happy with this company and will continue purchasing from them.

We also purchased 5 more units from PcNation, at 646.80 each, on July 15th and received these on July 21st. They had a free shipping special for fedex 3 day shipping. They shipped on July 16th and rec' on July 21st. Great deal! We are very happy with this company also and will still to buy here. The only thing we found wrong with PcNation units were two of the five were once returned to them and they reshipped them back out to us. We called PcNation and talked to a rep, David, and he was very helpful and had us to return them to him for replacements. We received the two replacements on August 6, 2008.

I believe both of these companies have been worth finding online.

Marks Outdoor Gear - Zumo 550 for 625.99 and free "Ground" shipping.
http://www.marksoutdoorgear.com/servlet ... gps/Detail

And Pcnation - Zumo 550 for 646.80 and free "FedEx 3-day" shipping.
http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp ... 330&GEN0=Y

Thanks for having a great forum to bring good information to good people.

#14 ·
I purchased my Zumo 550 at Marks Outdoor Gear for $625.99 with free shipping and received it yesterday, August 7th. It did take a little longer than what I thought because their site says that they are located in KY but my item shipped out of Memphis, TN.

I had purchased this on a Wednesday thinking I would have it before the weekend since Florence, KY is not but 135 miles from my office. They didn't ship my package until Friday morning and it arrived this Tuesday but I was out of town on business.

I did however get it installed today and I absolutely love. My business partner and I going for I bike ride to Morgantown, WV tomorrow morning so I'll get a chance to really try this baby out.

I went back and purchased the xm receiver from these guys but this weekend I'm going to load my music onto a 2GB SD card, suggested by "LARRYKY"(Larry-Blue 2006 KGT).

Thanks

Michael

#15 ·
Mog -10

I hope 2wheelcop and man hole whatever are not shills for MOG.I rather suspect they are.

I did get a refund Aug 9 after promises promises promises,and,I am sure,the only reason a refund was made was because my credit card company intervened.

Nothing MOG said or represented,was true.

Lesson learned.

#16 ·
I got mine from PCNATION. I have used them before and they are very fast. this one took overnite for only $12.00 additional. I like the Zumo a lot better than my Nuvi 360 even if they essentially do the same thing. the Zumo is more robust and it mounts a lot better than the Nuvi.
And it comes with Mapsource and remembers tranks, routes and transfers them easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.