Power port at the handlebar location - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2008, 7:20 pm Thread Starter

Power port at the handlebar location

I want to PROPERLY add a cigarette lighter power port to the location just above the handle bar of my 2004 K1200GT. What is the best solution, parts to order and where and how tough is it to install? I want to be able to plug in 1 item at a time, tomtom go 720 or a blackberry car charger. I'm looking for a clean install. Does anybody have pics of how they did it?
Thanks.
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 5:36 pm
Riding in company

Here's picture of the bracket which connects the instrument cluster to the steering head. In this case, the underside of the bracket is used to locate the compression reservoir for the front shock. Usually there's nothing under it. Many people have put a Powerlet in that big hole. By "proper" you mean that you're removing the side and the tank, right? Use good wiring practices. Have fun and report back.

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode