2610 Question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 2005, 11:33 am Thread Starter

2610 Question

On my newly bought 2610, I can not seem to locate where the "Address/Intersection" icon is located?

The manual say's hit "FIND", but it is not located there? All I have is...

Recent finds
cities
exits
waypoints

Also, when booting up, the sceen says"maps are not accessible"?? Why is this? I have version 7 N.A. and Europe all loaded on the 2 GB CF card.

Help.....

Last edited by flyboy; Dec 30th, 2005 at 11:39 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 2005, 8:34 pm
Addict

Smile

Hit 'find' one time and it is the upper right icon. Don't hold the button, just touch it one time.

Thanks
Robert

2014 R1200RT Ebony Black--(deep Burgundy)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (traded for 2014 R1200RT see above)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (Traded for exact same bike, see above)
2004 R1100SA "Piedmont Red Metallic" (Traded)
2002 K1200RS BLACK (Traded for RT)
2000 FLTRSEI "Screamin Eagle, Triple Red" Gone but not forgotten.
1999 FXR3 "Green Flame" In the Garage
1998 K1200RS "Taxi" (sold)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 10:17 am Thread Starter

Deerhead...

No its not? The only icons showing are the ones I listed above and no others?

TIA, Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 11:01 am
Addict

Smile

Your problem may have something to do with the maps not being accessible. When you start the GPS does it quickly count the maps? Mine usually counts the 1074 USA maps in 1 or 2 seconds. Did it take hours to download from you desktop computer to the GPS? Did you buy the GPS with CityNav 7? Or did CityNav 5 come with it and you ordered or downloaded the CityNav 7? I bought mine with CityNav 5 and downloaded CityNav 7. I was told by Garmin that I had to have at least one 'area' in CityNav 5 ie the Northeast, downloaded to the desktop before you can download CityNav 7!
Regarding the buttons and icons on the GPS itself, I just did mine and here's what I did--Turned on the GPS, pressed the menu button quickly as to NOT bring up the 'route' function, touched the 'use indoors' icon, touched the 'OK' icon. Pressed the 'find' button quickly as to not bring up the 'recent' function and the 'intersections' icon was in the upper right of the screen. I hope this helps.

Thanks
Robert

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 12:29 pm

I'd try reloading all the maps to the 2610, see if that does anything.

Mark

'03 K1200RS
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 2:48 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhead
Your problem may have something to do with the maps not being accessible. When you start the GPS does it quickly count the maps? Mine usually counts the 1074 USA maps in 1 or 2 seconds. Did it take hours to download from you desktop computer to the GPS? Did you buy the GPS with CityNav 7? Or did CityNav 5 come with it and you ordered or downloaded the CityNav 7? I bought mine with CityNav 5 and downloaded CityNav 7. I was told by Garmin that I had to have at least one 'area' in CityNav 5 ie the Northeast, downloaded to the desktop before you can download CityNav 7!
Regarding the buttons and icons on the GPS itself, I just did mine and here's what I did--Turned on the GPS, pressed the menu button quickly as to NOT bring up the 'route' function, touched the 'use indoors' icon, touched the 'OK' icon. Pressed the 'find' button quickly as to not bring up the 'recent' function and the 'intersections' icon was in the upper right of the screen. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much, but following your directions still does not allow me to see the intersection function? DANG???? I had it when I first started the unit on the 25th and used it to navigate to L.I. but have not seen it since? I may have touched the wrong button.

There is 'no counting of maps" as you mention?

I/you/anyone should be able to bring this function up in operational mode...NO? Seems to me that's when it would be used the most...like when entering a friends address and then hit "go to"?

I bought the unit with City Nav 5 installed already as well as the V7 installed also. I may need to just mess around with the unit some more to really see whats going on.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 3:22 pm
Addict

Smile

There is 'no counting of maps" as you mention? MINE COUNTS MAPS

I/you/anyone should be able to bring this function up in operational mode...NO? SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE IN ANY MODE

Seems to me that's when it would be used the most...like when entering a friends address and then hit "go to"? YEP

I bought the unit with City Nav 5 installed already as well as the V7 installed also. I may need to just mess around with the unit some more to really see whats going on. V7 MAPS WOULD HAVE REPLACED V5 MAPS ON YOUR DESKTOP, THEN ONLY V7 MAPS WOULD HAVE LOADED TO THE GPS UNIT. MAKE SURE ON THE NAVIGATION BAR AT THE TOP OF YOUR DESKTOP SCREEN THAT YOU'RE USING CITYNAV v7 AS THE SOURCE FOR MAPSOURCE.

TO CHECK WHAT VERSION MAPS AND SOFTWARE YOU HAVE ON YOUR GPS DO THIS: MENU BUTTON; INFO ICON, MAP INFO ICON THEN IT WILL SAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN "CITY NAVIGATOR NORTH AMERICA v7 etc. ALSO, CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE THE LATEST GPS UNIT SOFTWARE? DO THIS: MENU BUTTON; INFO ICON; SYSTEM. YOUR GPS SOFTWARE SHOULD DISPLAY AND IT SHOULD BE v4.5 and Audio v2.20. THIS SHOULD TELL YOU IF THE MAPS AND UNIT SOFTWARE ARE LOADED AND UP TO DATE.

Thanks
Robert

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 4:17 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for your time....

Software version is 4.6 and Audio version is 2.2///Interetsing though...I do not show the "Map Icon"??? Just GPS info and System Info....No maps installed?? How can that be??? Am I just seeing the city navigator maps only on the display?

I took the word of the seller that both, the N.A and European maps were already loaded.

Before I forget..HAPPY NEW YEAR BRO!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 4:33 pm
Addict

Before you begin the reinstalling make sure CityNav v7 is on your desktop. On your desktop when you open MapSource what version is in the upper left panel? If it says City Navigator Version 7 then you need to reinstall the CityNav v7 maps from your desktop to the GPS unit. Remember it will take hours to install all of North America to the GPS unit. If you don not have v7 on your desktop then you'll have to install one region from v5 and then install all regions of v7. v7 will over write v5.
You can also see how many maps are installed on you desktop by zooming out to where you see all of North America, Hawaii, etc and then clicking on the 'map' icon on the navigation bar, right click and hold your mouse and start in the upper right and drag the mouse to cover the Continent and it will label and tell you the number of maps that are loaded.
Happy New Year to you also!

Thanks
Robert

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2005, 5:10 pm Thread Starter

Your going to have fun with me.....

I loaded citynavigator 5.1 without any problems to my laptop this morning...The current desktop say's..."Untitled-Mapsource"?

I then tried to load V7, but my cd rom will not see the disk in the drive??? What a snowballing effect I'm having....saw V5 no with problem.

So to answer your question...When I click on the icon on my desktop, I get the Untitled-mapsource screen. When I right click on the icon, go into properties, it shows the size as 1.29KB...seems WAY too small to me to have completed the installation correctly?

I have been doing too many things today with family and all and have not really spent the dedicated time to do this right I assume.

Tomorrow, I'm going to re-do the install from scratch.

This still does not answer my intial problems with the missing icons??? Maybe I should do a system restore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode