512 Mb Bummer . . . For Garmin - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2006, 9:19 am Thread Starter
Veteran

CORRECTION 512 Mb Bummer . . . For Garmin

I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS THREAD. HOOKING THE UNIT DIRECTLY TO THE USB PORT DOES SUPPORT THE 512MB DATACARD.

THE GARMIN REP SAID THAT NEITHER THE USB NOR THE DATACARD READER ARE SUPPORTED. I TOOK HER WORD FOR IT; HOOKING UNIT UP TO USB PORT IS SUPPORTED ( tvnav.com has reported isolated 276C issues with 512Mb cards); UNTIL MAPSOURCE IS UPDATED TO SUPPORT THE DATACARD READER. NOT!

FYI, as of today's date the 512Mb datacard for Garmin units is not supported PER GARMIN. This is a bummer as those of us that purchased these datacards cannot use them.

Garmin's official statement: "We apologize for the inconvenience, there will be software updates for MapSource in the near future." END OF STORY after waiting on hold for 45 minutes.

FYI, as of today's date the 512Mb datacard for Garmin units is not supported PER GARMIN. This is a bummer as those of us that purchased these datacards cannot use them.

Garmin's official statement: "We apologize for the inconvenience, there will be software updates for MapSource in the near future." END OF STORY after waiting on hold for 45 minutes.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA

Last edited by jpalamaro; Jan 19th, 2006 at 12:34 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2006, 4:30 pm

Relief is in sight for 512 Mb card in 276C

Hi guys:

I have a 276C and talked my pal into getting one. He got the 512 Mb card, and could not get the unit to work with the card installed. He downloaded the latest beta version of Mapsource from Garmin, which may be found at:

http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ls.jsp?id=1229

He downloaded this and installed it on his PC. Now he needs to get some "mappage" to see if he can put data on the card. Unfortunately all that he got with his 276C was that waypoints manager thing, and he can't load maps.

I am sure this thing will be resolved.

Seeya
ATB
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2006, 5:36 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

In my correction I noted that it works fine in the unit, just the datacard reader. Not that big a deal but kind of nice to just populate the card with the reader. Thenks for info . . . I updated my software and have the latest version of MapSource.

Regards,
John

BTW, on the 376C I run City Select; on the 2610, SPIII, and Nav II, I run city Navigator. I can't tell the difference and Garmin say they are essentially the same DATA-WISE.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 4:26 am

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode