Just bought 2610 got a couple of ? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 10:23 am Thread Starter

Question Just bought 2610 got a couple of ?

Finally decided to go with the 2610, and am now getting familiar with the unit. I tried it out in the car and will have to wait for the 6 feet of snow to melt before I try it on the K.

Unit is quite impressive and can't wait to try it out on the bike. I however find the power cord attachment to the back of the GPS to be a little deficient, not very secure. Has anyone had problems of it disconeting from the unit while riding?

I did send the tracks recorded on the GPS to map source and would like to know if there is an easy way to create a route from a given track?

Thanks,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 10:30 am
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
Finally decided to go with the 2610, and am now getting familiar with the unit. I tried it out in the car and will have to wait for the 6 feet of snow to melt before I try it on the K.

Unit is quite impressive and can't wait to try it out on the bike. I however find the power cord attachment to the back of the GPS to be a little deficient, not very secure. Has anyone had problems of it disconeting from the unit while riding?

I did send the tracks recorded on the GPS to map source and would like to know if there is an easy way to create a route from a given track?

Thanks,
Eric
The motorcycle mount protects/retains the power cord. It won't fall out while riding. It's just not possible when using the proper mount (the one that fits around the back of the device, not the car-style disc mount).

I think the easiest way to "convert" a track to a route would simply be to create a new route, on top of the points traveled in the track. I tried a long time ago, but found it was a hassle - easier just to click a new route with the route tool.

Matt McCabe
06 R1200GS Adv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode