Garmin 2730 Compatable With NavigatorII BMW Mount? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2006, 8:19 pm Thread Starter

Question Garmin 2730 Compatable With NavigatorII BMW Mount?

Brought 06 KS in Phoenix on Feb.3, flew back to Chicago after putting on 500 miles in order for dealer to do the initial service. Before leaving, told him to throw on the BMW Navigator II and wire it into the electrical system, which he did. Plan to go back in a couple of weeks and pick bike up.

This weekend, I heard about the Garmin 2730 w/ xm radio. Just now purchased it on line.

I intend to get dealer to take Navigator II back and replace it with 2730.

Now here is the question. Does anyone know if the 2730 can just slide into the Navigator bracket on my bike or do I have to get the dealer to take the bracket back as well?

Lastly, would appreciate quick summary of your votes for mounting Garmin 2730 on your KS. Have read threads posted herein, but curious if there are any other options not listed yet or that are listed and perhaps I overlooked.

Have 2000 RS and had a 2003 GT for a season before selling it and keeping the RS. Love that RS, but this S thing is absolutely stunning. Taking it to Alaska this summer like I took the RS to Alaska in 2001.

Thanks in advance for your input/advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2006, 8:36 pm

2730/Nav II cradle

The 2610 fits in the cradle, but the buttons on the cradle will not work. Assume it is the same with the 2730. RAM mount worked the best for me with the 2610.

Steve

'03 GT KJET
'01 GS HIOAG
'85 RS LRJET

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode