Navigator III + Blutooth Phone + Baehr Ultima - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 8:34 pm Thread Starter

Navigator III + Blutooth Phone + Baehr Ultima

I tried a search before I posted this, so please bear with me if this has been addressed before.

I just had a Navigator III and a Baehr Ultima installed. I know that I can plug my phone directly into the Baehr. However, I think that if I use the bluetooth feature of the Nav III that I will be simplifying things a bit. I was wondering though, what happens when I get a call? If the Nav is on a priority cable, I know that it will override the music, but when I get a call do my speakers and mic work with the GPS to handle the call? So essentially, am I speaking through the GPS to the phone? Do the GPS and the intercom mate up this way and is this possible through the GPS?

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:07 pm Thread Starter

A bit of an update. I played around with a blackberry and bluetooth on the Nav III. It GPS will sync with the phone, but if I try to make a call, it requires that I sync a bluetooth headset as well. To me it sure seems like there should be a way to not have to use a BT headset and that the GPS should be able to route the call through the Baehr. Maybe if Baehr had a BT adapter for one of its cables.

Brian
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2006, 6:41 am
Rookie

Funny the timing of your post. I asked Raffy this same question by phone yesterday- he thought there would be issues, but was not sure. Thus I asked this exact question to Baehr tech support via email- have not gotten reply back, and will post it when I do. I want to route my bluetooth calls through a Nuvi 360, just like you want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2006, 5:30 am
Rookie

Reply from Baehr to my situation:
"In checking the specifications of the Garmin nuvi 360, I see that they only rely on the built-in microphone for talking on the cell phone. This is strictly for an enclosed automobile, and would not really function well on a motorcycle. The Garmin 2820, however, has a microphone jack, which would connect to our universal interface and allow you to make phone calls using the BlueTooth technology to connect to your phone."

Thanks,
Baehr USA / NC Sales
866-872-2347
708-343-0400 ext. 123 or 142

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode