Good deal on Garmin Zumo 550 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 6:53 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Smile Good deal on Garmin Zumo 550

I just bought a Garmin Zumo 550 from TVNAV.COM. I spoke to Darrel and he said I could buy the Zumo at his list for $999.99 (Suggested is $1076) and get the Garmin GXM-30 (?) XM Satellite antenna for $0.01 more! (Yep, that's one cent! Normally around $250 more!). Total was around $1009 with shipping. Expected delivery date is October and credit card isn't supposed to be billed until it's shipped. The info is one the tvnav.com website.

This will replace my 2 month old BMW Navigator II+ as I wanted the music and optional waypoint information ability. Couldn't see getting the Navigator III since the only thing it offers other than the BMW logo is the BMW dealer waypoints which are often wrong since BMW-NA won't update their waypoint list when something changes! May as well use the one in the sticky above for N.A. The Zumo is supposedly faster and better in acquistition that the 28x series or current Navigator III as well and, no doubt, will surface as the BMW Navigator IV down the road.

I have a desire to do some waypoints with mp3 files for audio of a National Park ride. I'll see how it goes with this new Garmin unit.

And so marches technology....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 7:39 pm
Rookie

Hate to burst your bubble but getfeetwet.com has it for $769.99 + $212.49 for the GXM 30. And this is without the bundled price. Not sure what the shipping cost would be though so that could nix the deal.

Their units come with an extended one-year warranty as well.

Let us know how it works out for you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 9:08 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Hey, that's a good price too! I forgot to say that they also added a dashboard mount to the order so I could attach the antenna to the Gadget Guy mount. Maybe another $20 or so? Still, they (getfeetwet.com) are pretty good pricewise. I've bought from tvnav.com before so they were in my bookmarks. Can't wait to see what the new fangled thing does.

Good find and the extra 1 year warranty is good too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 9:51 pm
Addict

I've have some of the NPS site in Garmin file format if you want them send me your email address.

Thanks
Robert

2014 R1200RT Ebony Black--(deep Burgundy)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (traded for 2014 R1200RT see above)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (Traded for exact same bike, see above)
2004 R1100SA "Piedmont Red Metallic" (Traded)
2002 K1200RS BLACK (Traded for RT)
2000 FLTRSEI "Screamin Eagle, Triple Red" Gone but not forgotten.
1999 FXR3 "Green Flame" In the Garage
1998 K1200RS "Taxi" (sold)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 12:15 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhead
I've have some of the NPS site in Garmin file format if you want them send me your email address.
Thanks for the NPS offer.

I've got the one I am planning to work on, maybe this winter's project. I did some helmet-cam video shooting while riding through there several years ago and had a professional narrator do some voice work for it. I'm just curious if her narration converted to Mp3 format will work with the new units and the newer POI loader.

If it does, I'll share the POI file of the Park I'm working on next year. I found it helps to know what one is looking at while riding through the area and I think this new Garmin waypoint with narration may be a good idea. I grew a better respect for the Park after learning more of it.

For example, I saw a swath cut through the pine trees and found out later it was an old wagon wheel trail made by Mormon immigrants over 100 years ago. The wagon wheel ruts, which were really narrow, are still there among the pine trees and very little new growth is shown. I never noticed it until it was pointed out in the Park's guide even after passing it year after year.

More electronic toys. :o
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 10:53 am
Rookie

Smile

good deal on zumo 550= chumba.com= $760.00 plus ship.

WHY DON'T WE DO A GROUP BUY W/ K-BIKES?

DON'T WAX'M; JUST RID'M!!

04'KGT=RED SLED/ SAY GOOD-BYE/ SOLD
07'KGT=SQUEEEZA-LICOUS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode