2720 off road routing issues... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 4:42 pm Thread Starter

2720 off road routing issues...

Hello,

I have a Garmin 2720 mounted on my motorcycle. While on a ride today I chose the Go Home feature and clicked Off Road calculation as I've done many time on my Previous Emap/StreetpilotIII/GPS60c. The end of the off road line always stays connected to the current position pointer. However now it just drops a line and I have to keep re-calculating to get the line with my current position. Don't know if I'm explaining this right. If you have any questions or suggestions let me know. Thanks.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 6:51 pm
Veteran

Assuming you have the latest firmware edition (v6.20) installed that addresses "Corrected problem that could cause false 'better route available' alerts," I am wondering about what mapset you are using compared ot you other models? The units you list all seem to use different mapset software.

I'd look at whever mapset you've loaded in the 2720 and look at it really close in MapSource. It's likely the off-road route could be broken so it would lead to the unit hanging up. I got the same problem on a rural highway when I discovered the cartographer never connected the road when it crossed the county line. It began to work right after I got back on the other side of the county line and picked up the road again. Sometimes it would give me a 50 mile detour!

Hopefully, you aren't getting a white cursor in the middle of the screen when it freezes. That's a whole different issue (heat-related to the screen and Garmin needs to fix it).
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Assuming you have the latest firmware edition (v6.20) installed that addresses "Corrected problem that could cause false 'better route available' alerts," I am wondering about what mapset you are using compared ot you other models? The units you list all seem to use different mapset software.
I have 6.20. The problem isn't related to the better route available. It just doesn't leave the magenta line attached to the current position cursor.

Any other ideas??

Thanks.

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode