zumo and Volume level - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2007, 7:43 pm Thread Starter

zumo and Volume level

I installed the Zumo and the volume was so low i couldn't hear the Navigation or XM Radio. I noticed when i pressed the volume it would say 50% and the Volume in the control panel says 100%. So i did a factory reset and got a little better. I put the unit in my car and at 50% Volume i couldn't hear the navigation.

Today, I talked to Garmin and the Tech said that it sounds like a bad unit. Garmin is the bomb and processed a return. Overnighting me a new unit. i dindn't even purchase the unit from them.

My question is: Are you having any problems hearing the XM Radio or Navigation Controls. I am using an AutoComm Super Pro Avi. This should be plenty loud enough. I thought i had a bad cable but the car test is what lead me to believe the unit was bad. At 50% Volume you should be able to hear the navigation fine. My 2610 couldn't even be turned up halfway.

So what is others experience. I hope the new unit will solve the problem. Otherwise, I need a GPS /XM For death people or a suggestion.

Retroboy

Retroboy
2007 k1200 GT-Dark Graphite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2007, 9:35 pm
Veteran

Same Auto-Com Pro AVI unit here as well. No problems with XM, Mp3, or Navigation unit. I'm using in-ear phones. You?

You didn't say whether you set the Individual Devices volume control (what was at 100%?), or the Master Volume control either.

As to the car unit, I only used it a few times and it was fine although it was turned up maybe more than when used on the bike. However, the quality of the Zumo car-mount speaker is pretty poor. Depends on how noisy your car is also. It may be better on the bike.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2007, 8:59 am Thread Starter

Both were turned up 100%

Both items are at maxium output. On the bike, I had the Zumo and the Super Pro Avi at 100%. In the car the Zumo was at 100%. Based on your post, It appears that the unit is faulty.

I will saw Garmin stepped up to the Plate.

Retroboy

Retroboy
2007 k1200 GT-Dark Graphite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2007, 6:25 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Same Auto-Com Pro AVI unit here as well. No problems with XM, Mp3, or Navigation unit. I'm using in-ear phones. You?

You didn't say whether you set the Individual Devices volume control (what was at 100%?), or the Master Volume control either.

As to the car unit, I only used it a few times and it was fine although it was turned up maybe more than when used on the bike. However, the quality of the Zumo car-mount speaker is pretty poor. Depends on how noisy your car is also. It may be better on the bike.
If you have a cassette player in your car, you can buy a cassette adapter that goes in your cassette player and has an audio wire that plugs into your Zumo cradle so you can hear xm radio and zumo nav over your car stereo.
My cassette came with a previious Delphi sat radio I purchased. I believe these cassette adapters can be purchased for about $5, probably from Radio Shack. It looks like this http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/ge...r-adaptor.html

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode