May 11, 2007 Mapsource Problem - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2007, 9:51 am Thread Starter
Veteran

May 11, 2007 Mapsource Problem

MAPSOURCE V 6.12.2

This error may not be applying to all GPS units, but I thought it important enough to pass along should you be having this problem. Thru hit and miss I solved it, GARMIN was not aware of it.
When transferring data, whether WAYPOINTS or ROUTES, attempting to TRANSFER TO DEVICE if you have the checkbox, TURN OFF UNIT checked, the data may or may not be transferred to the DEVICE. It appears as if MAPSOURCE turns off the unit BEFORE the data is actually transferred. The message says it is transferred, but it has not transferred to the DEVICE.

WORKAROUND: Uncheck that box and turn unit off/on for the each transfer.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2007, 8:01 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

I Mistyped The Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
MAPSOURCE V 6.12.2

This error may not be applying to all GPS units, but I thought it important enough to pass along should you be having this problem. Thru hit and miss I solved it, GARMIN was not aware of it.
When transferring data, whether WAYPOINTS or ROUTES, attempting to TRANSFER TO DEVICE if you have the checkbox, TURN OFF UNIT checked, the data may or may not be transferred to the DEVICE. It appears as if MAPSOURCE turns off the unit BEFORE the data is actually transferred. The message says it is transferred, but it has not transferred to the DEVICE.

WORKAROUND: Uncheck that box and turn unit off/on for the each transfer.
I should have correctly typed the version as 6.12.3, as I am referring to latest version.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode