Big Ear solicits testimony - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2008, 10:45 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Big Ear solicits testimony

Did any of u BIG EAR users get this e-mail?

> Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:49:54 -0600
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Product Review Confirmation
>
> Saturday, September 27, 2008
>
> Product: BE-1C
> Name: G E
> Location: utah
> Comments:
> I have had my be-1c for over 3 years. In that time they have needed to be fixed 4 times. It seems that the prefilters are very sensitive to any kind of foreign material coming in contact with them. Big Ear advises that this problem is caused by ear wax clogging up or damaging the pre filter. They go on to say that some people produce alot of, or individuals are not practicing personal hygiene, in respect to "ear wax". BIG EAR then sent me a little plastic "tooth pick" like tool to keep the canal clear of foreign material. This was definitely not the cure to my problems. After having my pre filters replaced 4 times and the drivers replaced 2 times; I know that these speakers fail rapidly if used during HOT or HUMID SUMMER TIME CONDITIONS! Any moisture which gets to the pre filter will make it fail, and inturn the "driver" as well. My speakers didn't last 1 year from delivery. When I sent them in it was slightly over 1 year and BIG EAR would not honor my warranty. I paid to have them fixed! The next time was less than 2 months later when the other side failed. BIG EAR replaced a pre filter for free and I paid for a driver this time. The next time was about 6 months later where I paid to replace another pre filter. If failed product isn't a problem then customer service may be. If your BE-1C'S fail during the summer riding season expect to wait 2 MONTHS or more to have them fixed. Of course BIG EAR advises no more than a 3-4 week turn around during high season. I think their customer service is/was substandard. Save yourself time and money when your speakers fail by taking them to anyone who works on hearing aids in your home town. For 1/4 the cost and a lot less time the pre filters can be replaced. Finally, after 2 seasons of use, either my ears have grown or the speakers have shrunk, as the fit of the speakers has become extremely loose. I ride around 20 k-miles each year and use this product that much. My rating on the initial fit/finish and sound quality would be 4 stars; customer service 1 star; product reliability/longevity 1.5 stars. Over-all I would try something else before I sent BIG EAR more money.
> Rating: 2.0
>

Just wondering if anybody saw this review or did they shit can it?

DON'T WAX'M; JUST RID'M!!

04'KGT=RED SLED/ SAY GOOD-BYE/ SOLD
07'KGT=SQUEEEZA-LICOUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2008, 11:03 pm

memphiscb,

just came across this thread.
i have a set of these earphones since Aug. 07.
recently the left side quit working. called Big Ear to see what can be done to fix.
they tell me to send them in for repair; probably about $40+ for repair not counting shipping.
i appreciate the heads up on these as they are not an inexpensive product.
i am not financially stable at this time so if a local hearing aid store can resolve my problem then that is where i will go first.
will post to the forum with results.
thanks,
s2

'99 R1100GS - sold
'06 K1200R
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Graphite, EVO filters, EVO clutch slave, LeoVince exhaust, AC Schnitzer screen,
Power-Sportego handlebar conversion, Braking Wave Rotors
Rizoma (rearsets, blinkers, mirrors, fluid pots, oil cooler cover)
Motolights

CITGO BAD

Be thankful for your freedom.
We may not have it much longer.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Enthusiast

I got mine in January of this year and had to send them back to be fixed in June. The repair was free and the letter that came back with them explained that excessive moisture buildup was the likely culprit. I thought that was a load of crap as I keep the canals cleaned out after each ride. If I have any further problems than I will not be able to recommend the product.

'03 K1200GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2009, 7:34 am
Veteran

I don't have the Big Ears brand but I have others: Westone's, Sensaphonics, Ultimate Ears UE-11 <-- The Best!

One hearing aid shop where I got impressions made told me to keep them dry. Regular hearing aids suffer from moisture and the sound gets "static" sounding and "crackles."

They make a moisture drying box/jar that you can put the aids or canal phones into to dry them out. Some are just a few dollars with a screw top and are reusable (put pellets in oven and dry out).

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode