Zumo 550, Auto Com, SchuberthC3-SRC - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2010, 1:59 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Zumo 550, Auto Com, SchuberthC3-SRC

I need some advice. I have a Zumo 550, AutoCom ,I-phone combo. , i also have a Schu.C3 helmet with the SRC "horseshoe collar" underneath the bottom of the helmet. do i need the auto com anymore? my thinking is the SRC is bluetooth, FM, MP3, so i don't need it.... i want to listen to tunes, talk on phone , w/o wires that might snap my neck in a little accident.
Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2010, 5:02 am

What is the SRC?? I have the 550 and Auto Com and Droid phone but I WANT a Schuberth (lucky dog). What about hearing the navigation? You don't need to hear the gps? I guess I don't either and never used to before but I do like it now.

2010 K1300GT My beloved ROCKET!!
IBA #37898
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2010, 11:34 am
Enthusiast

I have a similar setup with my bike... Nolan N-Com N-103, iPhone and Zumo 660. You should be able to pair your phone with the Zumo and then pair the helmet with the Zumo and be all set, and completely wireless if that is what you want to do....

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2010, 12:48 pm

Never mind - reading comprehension is a wonderful thing!

Sounds like you don't need the Auto com at all. I don't see what the AC would do that the SRC doesn't? I like that it's wireless too! I have this silly cord coming out of my helmet!

2010 K1300GT My beloved ROCKET!!
IBA #37898
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Helmets and cords

Ask that question again when you forgot to charge your helmet. Don't ask me how I know.

K1300GT
R1200GSA
R90S
R80 G/S PD
R75/5
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2010, 10:53 am
Enthusiast

Not just forgetting to charge your helmet, but running out of juice along the way. I can get about 5 hours out of my Nolan N-103 before it goes quiet on me. Maybe I can bring the charger and plug it in at a rest stop somewhere...

I pack a set of earbuds just in case.

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:41 am
Veteran

My Nolan N-103 gets about 3 hours but the volume is loud for the highway. Charger takes about two hours. Major PITA with two Nolans and one charger if you become AC outlet handicapped someplace when one or the other dies.

I'm officially fed up with Bluetooth now and went back to in-ear phones which have a small thin wire and isn't as bothersome as a cable. No more BT batteries. No more BT chargers. No more BT pairing or drop-outs. No more looking for a BT charger outlet. My in-ear phones offer far better sound, less fatigue from noise, and much more quiet ride too.

The Nolan N-103's were a very costly endeavor, imho. Nice helmet with internal tinted shield and ratchet strap, but also noisy and heavy.

Mack
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2010, 2:18 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
My in-ear phones offer far better sound, less fatigue from noise, and much more quiet ride too.
Amen! The ride is so much more enjoyable with either earplugs or in-ear phones on.

James

06 K1200R Corbin w/ smuggler, Wilbers shocks, PCIII, Factory Pro Dyno tuned, CC Suspension plates, Vario levers, Dual Evo filters, Leo Vince SBK, V1, Zumo 550

02 WR250F Stock

99 SV650 GSX-R front end, Aftershocks suspension, Penske shock, 41mm FCR flat slides, Bridgestone slicks, M4 exhaust, Vortex clipons, Woodcraft rearsets, Hot Bodies race bodywork, Factory Pro clutch cover, Total Loss ignition, BRG relocated battery, APE Adjustable Cam sprockets, JE 13:1 pistons, mild porting, balanced crank, Sunoco 110 race fuel

98 KLX331 Race Tech suspension, 331 Stroker big bore kit, 33mm pumper, Tag bars, Stroker exhaust, IMS desert tank, tall seat foam w/ Stroker cover, Open air box, KX clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode