Zumo 660 MP3 Player Sucks - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 7:24 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Zumo 660 MP3 Player Sucks

I have a Zumo 660 feeding a MixIt2, using custom in ear monitors. Am I the only one who thinks the audio quality of the Zumo sucks? When I hook up my ipod it just blows the Zumo away..

Last edited by Erik; Sep 22nd, 2010 at 7:36 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 9:40 pm
Veteran

You aren't alone. The MP3 player in the Zumo really could use some equalizer or something to improve the sound. If you use audiophile quality in-ear phones that cancel out the wind noise, it really does sound awful. The satellite radio when I had the GXM antenna on mine was awful and tinny - plus it cut out way too much in the mountains and canyons.

Later on, I went from the iPod and then to the Sony Walkman NWZ-X1060 series with no regrets other than $$$ based on all the reviews on the Head-Fi forums. Sony sound quality is always awesome and that model has a boatload of equalizer and stereo stuff to tune your phones to your preferences. It also has the nifty active canceling earphones with the little mikes built-in to cancel out droning-type background noise (I use them while driving in the car long distance and mowing the grass). Never tried their active noise canceling earphones under the helmet though (I use some custom Ultimate Ears in-ear phones for that that fit better under a helmet and hurt less).

Only gripe with Sony is their ridiculously high service fees on their equipment. A battery change-out in the Sony Walkman costs about $270 which is near the dealer cost for a new one (and you get a refurb for that too). Reminds of some German motorcycle brand on their parts prices like $53 for the plastic ABS reservoir caps.

Mack
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 2:00 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm going to hard wire an ipod to my Mixit2..probably get another ipod classic 60gig. I bought a Powerlet hard wire ipod cable so I can just leave it powered up, and I already have an iJet remote. REALLY wish the Zumo audio didn't suck, would have been much simpler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode