iPod Wireless Remote - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:39 pm Thread Starter

iPod Wireless Remote

Greetings,

I've come across two different wireless remotes for controlling the iPod. I usually tour
with ear buds and I keep the 'pod in my jacket. I need the control and I'm not interested
in wired.

To control volume and songs, I have used both the Monster iEZClick and the Airclick from
Griffin Technology. Both remotes come with a velcro strap that allows you to strap the
remote to the left bar making control easy and reasonably safe.

Both remotes work by placing a small receiver on the iPod. Where they differ is in the
suitability for use in wet weather. The Monster is weather proof. But the AirClick is much
easier to use with a gloved hand.

Both can be had for under $50 and either makes a great way to control your iPod while
on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:08 am
Noob

I'd also look at the Monster and Ijet. I have the ijet for the nano and it is not working out great for me, buttons too small and not waterproof. However, it may work for others.

My buddy just picked up the monster that works on all ipods and it has large buttons easily attaches to wrist or other areas and is waterproof. We just did a 1500 mi trip through California and it worked great even in a downpoor.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:21 am
IBR# 366

I was all set to buy the Monster remote, until I realized that it doesn't have a dock pass-through connector. So there's no way to charge the iPod and use the remote at the same time. I often outride my iPod's battery, so this was a deal breaker for me. Other than that, it looks great for bike use.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:12 pm
Veteran

Exclamation Remote & music holders

May I interject here?

I do not have an I-Pod yet or MP-3 player. I would like to have something to put some music on and listen to FM maybe. I would also like to have a remote like you are talking about.

There was a mention about a ‘Monster”. Can someone advise on which model and where to go to get it? Or of coarse a better model. Can someone also comment on which is better – I-Pod or MP-3? And, which model.

JJCIII
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2009, 4:56 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA1200
May I interject here?
I do not have an I-Pod yet or MP-3 player. I would like to have something to put some music on and listen to FM maybe. I would also like to have a remote like you are talking about.
There was a mention about a ‘Monster”. Can someone advise on which model and where to go to get it? Or of coarse a better model. Can someone also comment on which is better – I-Pod or MP-3? And, which model.
I found a lot of info on the 'Monster' controller. In fact, I found a lot of complaints about it's operation. Makes me wonder now about the unit. Another glitch in the search.

Still have questions about the players however.

JJCIII
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2009, 10:56 pm

Figures...I just purchaed a timex iControl watch. It works fine with my ipod touch, but I have to plug a dongle into the ipod. This would be much better.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 2010, 3:23 pm
Noob

Talking

I vote for the Monster. I've had mine for about 4-5 years and it works great on my Ipod and my Iphone. If your riding friends have one also it's fun to come up next to them and push your off button, it will turn theirs off also as they use the same frequentcy.

Edwin L Bean
Down filled canoe hats
K1300GT/1000 DS S MTS
R60/2...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2010, 3:52 am
Noob

Works perfectly on my iPod. It's surprisingly well-built for such a small control, feels like it'll last a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode