Just ordered Sirius for the K1200S... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2008, 2:12 am Thread Starter

Just ordered Sirius for the K1200S...

Found a good way to get a Sirius - Go to their website and click on the clearance items! I googled a promo code and got the Starmate Replay with car kit and house kit for 29.95! So I hope it will work out. Two questions for everyone...

Is the Starmate replay a piece of shit?

Where can I get a waterproof housing for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 8:14 am

Just got an A3 Audi with factory Sirius radio and it SUCKS! WAY more dropouts than I ever had with XM in my other vehicles and that includes one that is using a $9.00 Roady unit. Called Sirius several times about it and they say I must have a problem with unit, but dealer says he has had nothing but BAD complaints about the Sirius service over the last few months. Just an observation. I'd try looking at XM discount radios,

Now: K1300S Lava Orange
Then: R1100s, CBR929RR, YZF 600, Triumph Sprint ST, VFR750, K75S, GS1150E, GS550E, GS750E, KZ550, GT 380
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:47 pm
Veteran

Even XM has changed over the past few months.

First, they lost some lawsuit by the RIAA on music. End result was a $2/month increase around March '09.

Second, (April-May?) they lowered their signal quality to something like 32 kbs in an effort to make you pay more like $3/mo. to get a better quality signal - if you call 128 kbs better!

Their Weather (for what it was) and Traffic was okay, but often slow to update by an hour sometimes.

Sorry, but I didn't buy into that constant up-pricing and dropped them (with some difficulty as you cannot do it online). Once you subscribe, they automatically bill your card on the subscription birthday which also annoyed me unless you kept track of the updates to the stuff. My bike was in the shop for nearly two months and that was around $25-$30 that I never got out of it. Winter can keep it garaged more than I derived any benefits from subscribing to it.

Also, I had a home portable unit. Was almost worthless in the house for lack of signal strength without running a wire and antenna outdoors. Dropped it too.

Now I'm back to a nice Sony Walkman X-Series 32 gig MP3 player with an equalizer and plenty of Kbs strength (I rip at 320 kbs now since memory is so cheap) and far better sound output too.

I've also found the Zumo's sound quality on MP3, or their XM satellite radio especially, bites big time (No equalizer, slow and dangerous to operate via push-button volume and/or Touch-Screen controls, and minimalist output amp'ed sound!).

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode