V1 on K12S - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 1:41 pm Thread Starter

V1 on K12S

I am getting ready to buy a '06 K12S. I never thought of having a radar dectector mount on a bike, what a great idea, but my question is: how do you power a V1 or any other detector that matter, how does it connect to the bike?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 1:54 pm
Veteran

There are NUMEROUS threads on this exact subject. Why not try using the search funtion?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 2:00 pm Thread Starter

perhaps you could show me one because i haven't been able to find one. and it would seem the only logical place to post a thread like that would be in this forum where there are only several posts, so why waste your time being an jerk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 3:01 pm
Statmaster

http://piratesk12site.net/PLradarmount.htm

You can direct wire to the battery using the V-1's direct wire kit. Or you could add an accessory socket to your bike (if you haven't already) and use a BMW to Cigarette Plug in your tankbag.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 4:35 pm Thread Starter

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
http://piratesk12site.net/PLradarmount.htm

You can direct wire to the battery using the V-1's direct wire kit. Or you could add an accessory socket to your bike (if you haven't already) and use a BMW to Cigarette Plug in your tankbag.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 5:04 pm
Enthusiast

Elpadrino,

Check this thread out:

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=662

Very friendly and you will get lots of options.

Oh, Good Luck with the new ride. You will love it.

El Barto
Ride fast.......Get there before the accident!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 6:12 pm
Veteran

Elpadrino: I guess starting off polite isn't your cup of tea. Maybe you could explain how mentioning that the search funtion works is being a jerk? FWIW if you had tried looking in the K1200S section you'd have found several threads (try V1, valentine, detector,mounting etc) But being the jerk I am I guess trying to point you in the right direction was what, rude..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2006, 7:44 pm
Statmaster

FYI..

Since the search doesn't like search terms smaller than 4 letters, I have added a few shorter words to the exception list. Searching on "V1" or "V-1" will work now. I also added "GPS" and "XM. If there are other short (less than 4 characters) search terms that you might be frustrated with when you do a search, let me know and I'll add it.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2006, 9:19 am

If you want a switched power source, there's a gps plug that's tie wrapped just under the battery compartment cover. I just cut the plug off(don't need gps)
and used that. The detector will switch off after about a minute, once the key is turned off.

There's a more detailed desc. on the bmwk1200s.com site under the "how to" section.

p.s. pirates lair has a simple platform that goes over the clutch res. cover for $45 that works pretty well. Uses velcro and the detector stay's put.

For a V1, I think you have to buy a remote audio adapter, but you can run the cord inside the body work and pop it up where the seat meets the tank and plug in your earbuds there. That's how I did it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode