Autocon off of ebay - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2009, 4:59 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Autocom off of ebay(buyer beware)

I bought an Autocom pro off ebay. Nice price, but,,,,,,,,, it turned out to be from a Canadian dealer When the unit developed a hum, (with nothing hooked to it). I contacted Autocom USA. Forget about it!!!!!!!!!! They won't support if it was purchased from anyone other than them. Autocom UK the parent co, has not responded. And I have had no luck with service help from the ebay dealer. I should have spent the extra $100.00 and bought USA, or better yet bought the other brand (if I could have afforded it) . Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by crevenna; Jan 10th, 2009 at 5:04 pm. Reason: mis spelled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2010, 9:14 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevenna
I bought an Autocom pro off ebay. Nice price, but,,,,,,,,, it turned out to be from a Canadian dealer When the unit developed a hum, (with nothing hooked to it). I contacted Autocom USA. Forget about it!!!!!!!!!! They won't support if it was purchased from anyone other than them. Autocom UK the parent co, has not responded. And I have had no luck with service help from the ebay dealer. I should have spent the extra $100.00 and bought USA, or better yet bought the other brand (if I could have afforded it) . Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this. I am in the market looking for an Autocom and was thinking about buying on Ebay. What stores are there in US. The only online store I found was this one. http://www.premiercycleproducts.com/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2010, 9:21 pm
Veteran

Hate to tell you this, but Autocom is no longer.

They went into bankruptcy or receivership in the UK about 2-3 weeks ago. I bought one of the new Pro Automatic AVI's and cannot get the cables needed to hook it up per the selling dealer (who I may have to go battle with!). Nice waste of $500.

There's a link about it here.

Good luck!

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2010, 3:52 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Hate to tell you this, but Autocom is no longer.

They went into bankruptcy or receivership in the UK about 2-3 weeks ago. I bought one of the new Pro Automatic AVI's and cannot get the cables needed to hook it up per the selling dealer (who I may have to go battle with!). Nice waste of $500.

There's a link about it here.

Good luck!

Mack
I copied/pasted the below from bmwsporttouring.com. I also pasted the link to the thread below that. Contact the guy (Bryan ) below and see if he has what you need.

Good Afternoon:

My name is Bryan McGuire and I am an importer of Autocom in the United States, based in NY. I wanted to put a quick post to reassure the folks on this forum that while the future of Autocom is uncertain at this time, we have an extensive inventory of replacement parts and kits. However, since it has been over six weeks since we have had an order filled by the factory, some supplies are running low. I have an extensive knowledge of old and new Autocom products and will be able to support and repair product, far into the future, regardless of Autocoms future involvement. Please feel free to reach out to me with any support or repair issues and I will do everything possible to help. I can be reached via email at [email protected] or via our Toll Free number at (866) 951-5550 If we do not answer, please leave a message so that I can respond.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...=549843&page=1

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:14 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikanbe1
I copied/pasted the below from bmwsporttouring.com. I also pasted the link to the thread below that. Contact the guy (Bryan ) below and see if he has what you need.

Good Afternoon:

My name is Bryan McGuire and I am an importer of Autocom in the United States, based in NY. I wanted to put a quick post to reassure the folks on this forum that while the future of Autocom is uncertain at this time, we have an extensive inventory of replacement parts and kits. However, since it has been over six weeks since we have had an order filled by the factory, some supplies are running low. I have an extensive knowledge of old and new Autocom products and will be able to support and repair product, far into the future, regardless of Autocoms future involvement. Please feel free to reach out to me with any support or repair issues and I will do everything possible to help. I can be reached via email at [email protected] or via our Toll Free number at (866) 951-5550 If we do not answer, please leave a message so that I can respond.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...=549843&page=1
I e-mailed him and he did respond (late at night) and has the parts I need.

I now need to get a hold of my slow-poke dealer who sold me the thing and see if they ever got an order out and if not, I'll see how Bryan handles the parts issue. He did tell me some of the cables I need have had a parts number change too on the newer units. I don't know if the selling dealer knows about that issue and if there could be a compatibility issue. It's a mess!

I would suggest anyone needing Autocom cables and stuff to contact Bryan quick and get them before they are all gone.

Mack
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2010, 12:02 pm

Autocom Parts

While Autocom the company is going through receivership, the US dealers and distributors all have inventories of connection cables, accessories, and new systems. I suspect the inventory will suffice until production is restarted. There are three distributors that support the US. Bryan McGuire is one of them.

You can purchase systems and cables from any local dealer. The dealer list for the US is available here: http://www.autocom.co.uk/DealerLocator/DealersUSA.aspx

K1300GT
R1200GSA
R90S
R80 G/S PD
R75/5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode