Which Bluetooth phones work best with Baehr/Zumo setup? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:39 am Thread Starter
Noob

Which Bluetooth phones work best with Baehr/Zumo setup?

I'm having trouble with voice quality (callers say my voice is loud enough but poor quality, hard to understand) on my system, which includes a Baehr Ultima XL preamp, a Zumo 550 GPS with XM, wired to a J&M headset. My bluetooth phone is probably 5 years old, and was an inexpensive model.
Questions-- Has anyone found that switching to a newer, higher-end phone (I don't want or need an iphone or similar fancy thing-- just a good quality basic phone with Bluetooth) helped this problem? Also I'd like a new phone that transfers it's phone book to the Zumo without problems. Are there any adjustments on the Baehr unit, other than
just increasing the output level for the phone (Zumo) interface, which I've tried, that might help improve the quality of the phone transmission?-- the Baehr unit has multiple adjustments for speed (volume) compensation and wind noise suppression, but I believe these don't affect the microphone output when using the phone.

Much obliged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2009, 4:31 pm
Enthusiast

Sorry I don't have an answer for you specifically, but I can point you to another forum of ZUMO users that might have more information.

www.zumoforums.com

Great group of helpful people.

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode