IMC CAMOS BHS-600 Battery Replacement - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 9:21 pm Thread Starter
Addict

IMC CAMOS BHS-600 Battery Replacement

So I've had my IMC CAMOS BHS-600 intercom for a couple years and hundreds of battery cycles and the battery is now kicking the buxket. It will ast a day, but the standby time is dying off to where I need to charge it everyday, which is unusual. I spent the day researching whether to get the newer BTS-200/300 series, or something else for another $200, just because the boneheads designed it with a battery that isn't user replaceable.

THe 600 has worked flawlessly with my iphone, Zumo 550 and a wirevo D1000 on my sirius radio for a long time, so after almost chunking down another $200, I decided to crack the case. We ARE talking a battery here...

The case has two screws on the back, and then the typical small, plastic "tab A fits into slot B" deals that if one is careful, can be seperated without breaking, then the halves split apart. Inside, the circuit board is held in by a micro-screw and the battery is under the circuit board.

The battery is a 3.7 volt "553045P" lithium ion battery pack soldered into the underside of the circuit board. It is stuck to the back of the circuit board with some kind of adhesive which can be removed carefully. The leads where it is soldered are just long enough to splice in a new one.

I've Googled and found reference to "553045P" batteries but not yet found an actual source yet (any help is appreciated). It's specs are 2.7 volts, 650 mah, 620 mah minimum, 60 g resistance(?) and is 5mm x 29.5mm x 44 mm

I'd love to raise the mah rating but the dimensions are really tight. I have thought of making some kind of external pack, but, whatever... A new battery should be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMC CAMOS BHS-600 Battery.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	10923  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode