Scala Rider - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2010, 9:00 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Scala Rider

Son and I bought a set of the new paired Scala Rider helmet headsets, and we love them. Today was the first day we got to try them out under real conditions. We rode up to Mount Palomar and back, talking to each other the whole way. They don't have much range in the twisties when we got out of sight of each other, but for all the normal two to a hundred yard distances that two guys might do while riding together in town or on the highways, they were fine. I even called my wife and then keyed in my son to the conversation so we can talk three-way while he was about thirty yards in front of me. He got home before I did and called me while I was still riding, and he said the sound quality was just the same as if I were at home. So, all in all, I'm very happy with the setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 2010, 11:35 pm
Noob

Exclamation

Hi Chuck
not my experience with the scala rider 2 down under (Australia)... the sound quality sucked, very tedious to get the thing to pair to my blackberry mobile, bluetooth was OK but the button system on the microphone leaves you totally confused as to what mode its in... Sorry so bad i sold mine, not worth the money in my humble opinion .
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2010, 8:42 am Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Ah well, but you're down under. The electrons fly in reverse down there. Of course it wouldn't work as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2010, 8:58 am
Addict

Ain't that Bluetooth tech wonderful??? I had the Parrot and switched to the Whistler, which is just like the pricey Camos and I love it. No more tangled cords.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Addict-oholic

Chuck, what helmets are you using them in? and was it an easy install?

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2010, 6:46 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

I'm using a Shoei Syncrotec (flipface) that's a few years old. Installation was pretty easy, except that no matter how much I worked with it, the speakers pressed against my ears too hard. I finally cut a star (well, more like an asterisk) through the lining in each side with a razorblade so I could get to the styrofoam, and hogged out a depression for each speaker to nestle into. That made all the difference in the world. I'm still searching around for some sort of double-stick tape to stick in there, then stick the speakers on top of that.

My son has a full face solid, an Arai I think. He told me he didn't have any trouble at all.

It's pretty easy, no matter what helmet you have, although I think it's probably easier with a flipface or a three quarter open face. I had to unsnap the side pads and take them out to get the speaker wires where I wanted them, but it's not hard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode