Cardo ScalaRider - BlueTooth - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:32 am Thread Starter
dec

Exclamation Cardo ScalaRider - BlueTooth

http://shop.treonauts.com/content/ac...103--394-2.htm

This product is inferring that its made for the TREO line of phones but should be good with any BlueTooth phone.

Has anyone tried this? Sounds like folks are finally understanding that motorcyclists are a niche' market and BlueTooth applications can apply.

If you have tried this product or know someone who has, please post their impressions.

Thankx
dc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2006, 12:35 pm

This device should work with any bluetooth enabled device. The bluetooth system is set up that way.
When you first turn on a blue tooth device, you must first pair it (program mode) with the target bluetooth enabled device (cell phone, radio, music, etc.). Once the device is paired, each time it turns on it will seek only the device it has been previously paired with.
So yes it will work with your bluetooth enabled device.

Jeff

Blk 02' RS
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Just bought one for about $115 shipped that comes with a bluetooth dongle that allows you to use it with a non bluetooth phone. Will give dongle to wifey or daughter as my pda phone has bluetooth and MS Voice command that work well already. Reviews on web are good. At above 50 mph, one review says the wind noise is high unless you tuck the microphone a little higher in your helmet and then all is good. Other reviews did not mention that problem. I feel lost without telephone access to work on my bike or on road trips. When I try it out I will let you know if I can truly use it with voice activation alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2006, 9:00 pm

This device works great. I'm not in the habit of talking while riding, but I tested it for the heck of it and the person on the other end of the phone wasn't aware that I was riding a motorcycle at highway speeds. Works flawlessly with my Garmin 2820 and my BlackBerry.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 8:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydogg
This device works great. I'm not in the habit of talking while riding, but I tested it for the heck of it and the person on the other end of the phone wasn't aware that I was riding a motorcycle at highway speeds. Works flawlessly with my Garmin 2820 and my BlackBerry.
When using the headset with the 2820, is that then the device that you hear the GPS through, or does it still "speak" through your intercom and the BT headset is reserved only for cell communication?

Thanks,
Brian
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 9:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnblazer
When using the headset with the 2820, is that then the device that you hear the GPS through, or does it still "speak" through your intercom and the BT headset is reserved only for cell communication?

Thanks,
Brian

I don't have an intercom, only the ScalaRider. When I turn on the 2820, it automatically finds the ScalaRider and the Blackberry. The ScalaRider consists of a flat speaker that adheres to the inside of the helmet, and a boom microphone. The speaker is where GPS voice prompts and cell phone calls are heard.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2006, 9:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydogg
I don't have an intercom, only the ScalaRider. When I turn on the 2820, it automatically finds the ScalaRider and the Blackberry. The ScalaRider consists of a flat speaker that adheres to the inside of the helmet, and a boom microphone. The speaker is where GPS voice prompts and cell phone calls are heard.
Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.

Brian
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 12:16 am

Well, I got mine a couple of days ago and took it on a 90 minute trip and back. First it should be clarified that I have a weak to moderately powered bluetooth radio in my Sprint 6700 pocket pc phone. The phone was placed in the front pocket of my bag riding right behind my Corbin smuggler trunk. there were ocasional problems in establishing a connection, but for the most part I was connected and stayed connected fine. Not so if the phone was in the smuggler trunk. Then I just could not get a connection to the phone. Otherwise, worked great, especially at speeds up to 50mph. At 60 mph or above the voice recognition software on my phone had some trouble. I got the combo kit that comes with a bluetooth radio to connect via audio jack to the phone. I expect that radio is more powerful and will try that out maybe tomorrow. Overall, I am very satisfied and it was nice to take calls so easily while I was riding. As others have said, my listeners did not believe I was on the bike at speed until I honked the horn. Used it sparingly, but it will prove indispensable on longer rides.

Last edited by bjoraker; Sep 15th, 2006 at 12:19 am. Reason: spelling
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Just ordered one!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2006, 2:02 pm
Enthusiast

I use the existing single speaker Cardo Scala Rider with my 2820, works great.

Regarding the Newly released Scala Rider Team Set:
I just talked to Cardo Systems, this new wireless bluetooth which gives you mic, two speakers instead of the single and the ability to communicate via bluetooth intercom to the passenger, bluetooth to your GPS, and bluetooth cell phone. Currently may be purchased directly from Cardo Systems at www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider or from their very limited dealer network, powersportriders.com. Cardo has not updated their website displaying the new product, however, you can call them to purchase. Powersportsriders has them posted on their site.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode