Autocom and Motorola Rokr/Slvr - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 11:38 am Thread Starter

Question Autocom and Motorola Rokr/Slvr

I am looking at a new cell phone, and had the thought of the Rokr or Slvr from Mototola, as they have the itunes built in. I don't have an ipod, unless I borrow , my daughters. At the moment, I have a Sony mp3 disc player hooked up in the tank bag going into the Autocom, and it has a wired remote that hangs onto the side of the bag I can adjust volume and such. Has anyone done this or thought of it?

'72 Penton Berkshire
'72 Penton Six Day
'78 75th Aniv Sportster (1st owner, sold '89)
'82 Honda cr250r
'04 K12Gt - KIA '09
'08 K12S
Robert Manucy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 6:09 pm
Statmaster

I just got a SLVR the other day. The SLVR comes with an adapter that takes a standard 3.5mm jack that goes to my autocom. The volume on the SLVR is pretty loud, so I didn't even need to use my boostaroo.

BTW, I don't know how you can use the "wired" setup to use the phone, but Autocom does have their Bluetooth interface. But I'm not going to use the phone while riding anyway.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 10:00 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Eljeffe,
I saw the adapter for the 3.5 plug, but I believe it was if you wanted to use another pair of headphones. I don't believe it has the capability for the microphone. I have sent Autocom an email and hope they have something in the works, as this would really be a neat setup. I also saw an adapter on evilbay, but have not gotten a response from the seller if it works with the microphone either. The Autocom bluetooth adapter is pretty expensive right now.

'72 Penton Berkshire
'72 Penton Six Day
'82 Honda cr250r
'04 K12Gt - KIA '09
'08 K12S
Robert Manucy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 11:10 pm
Statmaster

Actually, I did some searching on Google. On AdvRider.com, there is a guy who is using his RAZR (which has the same mini-USB plug as the SLVR) and Autocom by going through his HF820 Bluetooth Speakerphone. The HF820 has a 3.5mm jack on it for a privacy headset, and can be used to connect it to the Autocom. Coincidentally, I already have the HF820, but they are only $79 if you look hard enough (much cheaper than the Autocom bluetooth interface).

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2006, 10:29 am Thread Starter

Thanks again Eljeffe.
Even if the HF 820 doesn't put out in stereo, I could still be able to leave my phone in my jacket. You know, when the Boss calls and wants to make sure I haven't ended up in a ditch somewhere. She only worries when I'm not unloading those suspicious containers. Maybe it's more dangerous on the highway than at work.

There are quite a few on evilbay. Around $50. Alot cheaper than both of the modules you have to buy from Autocom. I don't know about everyone else's location, but the Radio Shack here has the Rokr and I can upgrade for $.01 -- yes, that's one cent.!

'72 Penton Berkshire
'72 Penton Six Day
'82 Honda cr250r
'04 K12Gt - KIA '09
'08 K12S
Robert Manucy

Last edited by samsdad57; Mar 13th, 2006 at 11:36 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode