BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Autocom audio lead mounting

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mjkuhno 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Will be installing an Autocom on a K1200GT (when it arrives in a few weeks) and I'm looking for suggestions for mounting the audio lead connectors.

I believe I saw something about an external cap a few years ago on the BMWLT.com site, but not sure.

If I'm not mistaken the cap was similar to what's used for power points, but there were a few parts needed to capture the autocom plug in connector (and extend/expose female end) and then pass through body panels w/ a protective flip up cap.

Anyone done this/remember this and can help?

Also - anyone having a K1200GT that could recommend good mounting position for passenger/ride??

Thanks,

#5 ·
Do any of you guys know if autocom makes a panel mount for the leads. I saw a mount that someone did where they mount the lead right above the left knee on the 06 GT.
It looks clean and I can get rid of the lead that dangles between my legs. (Please no cheap shots)

#6 ·
Autocom panel mount

MassGT said:
Do any of you guys know if autocom makes a panel mount for the leads. I saw a mount that someone did where they mount the lead right above the left knee on the 06 GT.
It looks clean and I can get rid of the lead that dangles between my legs. (Please no cheap shots)
It would be excellent if Autocom (or anyone for that matter) made this as an actual part, but I haven't found it yet if it exists. Was talking w/ my dealer about it yesterday, and he said he'd sell tons of them if they had them!!!

If anyone has seen/knows where to get such a critter, please share!

Otherwise, we might have to make our own.....

Thanks,

#8 ·
FYI - just sent an email to Autocom (should have done a while ago, but...) and am waiting for the reply.

I told them that if they have this product they need to get the word out, and if they don't they need to create it because they'd sell a bunch!!

I'll keep everyone posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.