NEW Nolan N102 Bluetooth Enabled - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 10:45 am Thread Starter
Veteran

NEW Nolan N102 Bluetooth Enabled

Well, lots of threads floating around. I have my new Nolan N102 Bluetooth enabled and as far as I can tell, it does nothing. Not necessarily Nolan's fault, just my dumb/naive expectation on what I thought it would do.

I don't ride with a pillion rider so I have a cool helmet that when I push a button it blinks blue. Other than that I am told by Nolan that it does provide rider to passenger communications (presumably with another Nolan helmet???). Not sure about that!

There is another thread on this in the GT forum, but suffice it to say, Bluetooth and a Bluetooth enabled COMM system do not not really exist. I tried using the Nokia Bluetooth adapter for my Autocom Super Pro AVI to see if it 'connected'. Nope. Nice helmet tho'!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:27 am

If you are a music listener, I believe that there is a bluetooth adapter available for the iPod.

Brian
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:35 am
Veteran

Too bad Bluetooth does not yet support stereo.

Think I'll wait..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:41 pm

I bought the N-102 helmet in the hopes of using the bluetooth option later on. I will probably end up getting an Autocom unit instead for my gps/xm/radar equipment. The helmet is surprisingly nice though with a comfortable fit and the shade feature is useful on sunny days.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 1:44 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748
I bought the N-102 helmet in the hopes of using the bluetooth option later on. I will probably end up getting an Autocom unit instead for my gps/xm/radar equipment. The helmet is surprisingly nice though with a comfortable fit and the shade feature is useful on sunny days.
There are two (2) N102 Helmets; only ONE can be fitted with the Blue Tooth electronics. It just started shipping late November. Chances are, and you are you do not have the Blue Tooth capable model. But then again, I don't know for sure. You can tell quite easily. The Nolan (1st one I have sans Blue Tooth) wired for the Autocom Super Pro AVI, works well with the typical umbilical cord to the helmet.

Good luck

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Too bad Bluetooth does not yet support stereo.

Think I'll wait..........
It has for over a year. Here is a link to the Jabra model that happened to be the first of about 20 headsets, players, phones and adapters that came up on a google search.

Brian
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Yes I have the blue tooth capable N-102, just didn't purchase the blue tooth module. I was hoping to use the wireless feature for all my electronics but found out it wouldn't work. The autocom should fill the need better, and it will only cost about $80 dollars more than the Nolan bluetooth module.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 3:27 pm
Veteran

Amber just ordered me one of these helmets for Christmas, although I didn't want the foofoo Bluetooth option... Not safe, IMHO for such things on motorcycles, but.. that's another post..

So.. what do you think of the Nolan? Looks beautiful.. It'll be my first. I like the fit and finish, although I can't wear it until after X-mas.. Are you happy with it? FYI.. I've been wearing an HJC SYmax for the last 5 years and love those... Opinion?

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Amber just ordered me one of these helmets for Christmas, although I didn't want the foofoo Bluetooth option... Not safe, IMHO for such things on motorcycles, but.. that's another post..

So.. what do you think of the Nolan? Looks beautiful.. It'll be my first. I like the fit and finish, although I can't wear it until after X-mas.. Are you happy with it? FYI.. I've been wearing an HJC SYmax for the last 5 years and love those... Opinion?
I have the N102 sans Bluetooth. A great helmet for my head (oblong). The chin bar works well, and I like the sun visor (I wish it deployed behind the main shield like the Craberg). It is heavier than my Arai Profile, but it is just as quiet. Venting is just good not great.

Brian
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2006, 5:02 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate

I have an HJC that I have relegated to the crap heap. Fit and finish of the Nolan far superior. I like the quick release, the built in flip sunshade, the very nice latch to put it on as opposed to crummy D-type rings, and most of all, I find it very quiet. Most of the time I have my Etymotic's stuffed in my ears both for noise suppression and listening to XM or iPod, but when not plugged in to the Etymotics, the Nolan quite quiet. But then again I ride a GT with a Cee Bailey wider windscreen. So, most likely a lot different than your 12S. Styling very nice indeed!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode