BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K75 paint code

8K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Rema1000 
#1 ·
Was at my nearest dealer yesterday. They had just the day before, taken a K75 for sale on consignment with only 9600 mi on it.. The sales staff didn't know anything about the bike. The owner is to contact them at the beginning of the week about particulars . I have searched the net for K75 paint codes and or pics of K75s with different factory paint schemes. Not much luck. I have found sites with incomplete listings. But haven't found the the color of the bike I looked at. Any help in steering me to a site with the info I need would be appreciated. Just for the record, they didn' even know the year of the bike. I believe it is is a straight K75 . It has a W/S. Black engine and drive train. It is blue /gray metalic. Like gun metal color . Thanks George

#2 ·
You can get the month and year of manufacture from the last seven digits of the VIN. Call the dealer and get those last seven digits. Then enter them in this VIN decoder:
http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

The model year (what appears on the title, do they have the title?) is generally the manufacturing year plus one.

Also have them look under the seat. There is a label under the seat with a three digit paint code.

Paint codes:
http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes.htm

#3 ·
I'm not sure bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes lists all the paint colors. My LT says "Farbe 647" under the seat, and the VIN decoder says Model "K 100 LT 87 (0506 ( 0516) )" and Body "0516". The color appears to be something between navy blue and black, and metallic.

The only occurrence of any of the numbers "647", "516" or "506" in bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes is "classic black metallic paint code 162", which appears to include Scheme 506.

#5 · (Edited)
FlyingDuck said:
That's odd. The parts catalog shows 647 as TABAKBRAUN - Tobacco Brown
Heh. Well, I suppose that Tobacco Brown would have been ugly enough to have caused the PO to repaint (no offense intended to forum owners of paint code 0647). I guess this means that I should give-up trying to find the factory paint, and just have the autobody shop paint-match it.

Duck, where can you look that code up? Your search got farther than mine!

#6 · (Edited)
Found out more about the bike ,but not much. It is a 95, color code 704 Graphite metalic. Very clean , It has a couple of issues, The first is it has two stickers under the seat indicating two speedo changes.First sticker says it was changed at 3000 plus miles the second a year later with 4000 plus miles and the current speedo says 9200 mi. Anyone know how this works. Is the milage cumulative or is the milage recorded on the tags the mileage actually showing on the speedo at time of replacement. So who knows what the correct milage is . 9200k or 17k something. Needs an upper rad. hose. who knows what else. It sure looks great , straight and clean though. Waiting for more info from dealer

#7 ·
If someone bothered to add a sticker, I'm guessing it was dealer warranty work. So they would have replaced with a new speedo (0 miles) each time. So it would be cumulative: 3000 + 4000 + 9200 = 16200.

Radiator hoses rarely go bad on these bikes; maybe the newer bikes like yours were different. The coolant hose to the overflow bottle does go bad, however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.