Looking for a Flying Brick Guru/Mentor in the PDX area - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2010, 3:43 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Looking for a Flying Brick Guru/Mentor in the PDX area

Hello Peeps-

I have a beautiful 1991 K100rs that I am in love with. I picked it up in February this year and it's gone 65k. When I bought it it was in sore need of lotsa front end work, the steering bearing was heavily notched, fork seals, needed replaced, front tire was shot. Also the dreaded seal around the fuel pump had degraded and sucked up into the pump, clogged it and burned it out. I cost a ton. Oi vay!

The bike needs some more work done; at least that I can tell. It seems to be saying, “Lube my splines, dammit!”

I was laid off in March and am still looking for a steady gig, and can’t afford to pay a shop to get it done. I also don’t have the facilities, know how, or all the tools I would need. However, I would really like to learn how to dig into the bike and do it, especially since I’ll need to on a regular basis to keep it maintained.

I was wondering if there was someone in the area with the know how and tools that wouldn’t mind sharing time and wisdom with me by teaching me how to take apart the back end of the bike and do a spline lube, maybe clean out the starter, and whatever else is recommended while we’re in there. I am a fast learner, have some mechanical aptitude, and have a strong desire to learn. I could help you out around your place if you need something done and we could trade time.

Thanks much,
Jann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode