K1200RS clutch + ABS - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2010, 2:12 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K1200RS clutch + ABS

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a k1200rs, 99'.

Anyway, his clutch slips in 6th. It is hydraulically actioned. As far as I know, there is no adjustment to it, and a proper flush should do, right? I was thinking of first flushing it and see if it slips again, and if it does, I will replace it. I have no experience in wrenching k bikes, but I do pretty well on boxers. I have changed the clutch on my 1100 GS and from looking in the manual, it is ~ the same.

The ABS is not working at all, I will see about that later, but I was thinking about resetting it as a first, and checking the space between the sensors and the rings. I would really appreciate if someone could post a link on how I can do this on this bike(resetting).

Any other opinions and suggestions on this are welcome. I will start working on this bike first thing tommorrow morning.

Thanks,
Dan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2010, 3:20 pm
Noob

e si o varianta mai europeana a saitului...i bmw.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2010, 5:10 am
Addict

There's plenty here if you search for clutch and seals. From what you say you are going to have to do a teardown to replace an oiled clutch, oil seals and a clutch slave cylinder. Flushing should make no difference if there is slip and the hydraulics aren't being operated.

Before messing with resets for the ABS and risking some accidental damage, I'd be tempted to get a dealer to tell you what fault codes have been stored first.

First thing your friend needs is the Clymer shop manual for the bike. Whatever your previous experience, don't make assumptions without first checking the manual. I wouldn't go the other way and work on a GS or a boxer without reading first. But you probably have a starting edge in BMW practice - like heat shrinking bearings and Loctite!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode