BMW accessory windscreen for K100 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2010, 10:01 am Thread Starter

BMW accessory windscreen for K100

Saw this on ebay today. I thought I knew all the accessory parts for older k100. At first I thought it was a k75c screen, but the mounting is different. Part# 46632300144

Probably wouldn't provide much protection. Thought it might look decent when mounted. Almost like a Dakar screen. Anyway have one of these on their bikes? I can't find a single picture anywhere on the net with this screen...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current: 1985 K100RT Stripped.
See it here DC to Gaspe

Past: 1985 K100
See it here on my trip from DC to Panama
DC to Panama City

Last edited by lukeman; Aug 25th, 2010 at 2:21 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2010, 12:00 pm

There is also a tinted version of the same screen. These are very hard to find.

I have been looking for a screen since converting my 75 to the k100 standard bikini fairing (exactly the same as your fairing), I have been on the hunt for a while. I know there are universals and national cycle screens, but there's something about this one!

So far I haven't seen anything similar for use on the standard k100 fairing. I would have thought a company like Gustafsson would have made a replica(hint-hint). Would be worth buying it just to send it to them for mock-up.

PS. read you adv post, very jealous.

1995 K75 Standard

Last edited by Pompadour; Aug 26th, 2010 at 12:19 pm.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2010, 1:39 pm Thread Starter

I grew a certain fondness for '85 K100s on that trip Only changed the oil and filter in Antigua Guatemala and put gas in it.

You haven't seen a pic of this screen anywhere have you? I think I might join you on this quest. The guy that had it for sale last week in San Fran only wanted $40 bucks but local pickup only. I would have jumped on it. Damn him!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See it here DC to Gaspe

DC to Panama City
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2010, 2:53 pm Thread Starter

My lucky day.
I think this might be it, saw it today on craigslist. The guy wants $2000 for a 18k mile bike. Sounds like a nice price to me.

Not sure what to say, but think it might look better leaving it clear...

See it here DC to Gaspe

DC to Panama City
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman
My lucky day.
I think this might be it, saw it today on craigslist. The guy wants $2000 for a 18k mile bike. Sounds like a nice price to me.

Not sure what to say, but think it might look better leaving it clear...

That's one way to get the screen. Buy the bike and sell it sans screen. Not sure how well the paint will come off the plexi. I have seen the screen various times throughout the last couple months, but as in your case, it was always attached to a bike for sale. Seen one last month on a bike for sale in Oregon and I also found one on a bike for sale at a dealer in LV. The dealer was kind enough to get me the part number but it never turned up anything.

Good luck on the hunt, if I find one first i may send it off to see if it could be replicated. Looks simple enough? One in a nice dark smoke finish would top my bike off nicely.

PS. Just found the bike on craigs, very close to me and tempting. Too bad I'm camping this weekend or I would be all over it.

1995 K75 Standard

Last edited by Pompadour; Aug 27th, 2010 at 3:55 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode