Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
New to forum, electrical issues.
'85 K100rs 65k mi.
Bought last September didn't get to ride it much. This May went for a 30 mile ride, stopped at a friends for about three hours. Came out to start and it wouldn't. Sounded like a dead battery. Pulled and had it checked. Had white powder on the top of it, it was shot. Finally put a new battery in it this week. Also ride an '81 R100. It starts and runs fine but the battery light is on and when I rev the engine it gets brighter. Went for a short ride,everything functions but that light is making me nervous, won't take it for a long ride until I figure out what is going on. Is that light telling me the battery is not being charged? Any ideas what it could be? Alternator? I really like this bike and would like to get it in top shape. Anyone in Indianapolis?