K100rs 16V paralever supension - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2010, 2:54 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K100rs 16V paralever supension

I am currently rebuilding my K but as usual the photo I should have taken during the strip down is missing the detail that I need.
Can someone tell me how many threads are exposed outside the locking nut on the rear outside edge swivel pin of the swinging arm ( disc end). I have assembled mine according to the book of half stories ( Haynes) but I have 3 threads showing on the pin and my memory is telling me this is too much. Is it locating properly in the bearing ?

any comments welcome

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2010, 4:59 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Are you talking about the pivot between the swing arm and the final drive?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2010, 3:02 pm Thread Starter
Noob

yes, the last pivot before the rear hub. The inside pivot is a 1 piece fixed length which I fitted first, the outer pivot is the threaded length with a reduced diameter that fits into the bearing, and the lock nut that tightens up against the outer surface of the swinging arm.

I tightened up to the correct torque, the screw did not move when I tightened the lock nut - but 3 exposed threads jusdts seemsd to be more than my recollection when stripping down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2010, 3:45 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

I think I had that happen on my LT once. If memory serves it was because I inadvertently swapped it with the similar pivot for the left side of the swing arm.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2010, 4:10 pm Thread Starter
Noob

ok, that makes sense. I have a box of parts left over because I also changed the g/boxwqith a spare which had it's pivots . Quite possible I have refitted with a g/box pivot - I'll check

thanks for your suggestion

brg

Alan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode