RAM Shocks USA Group Buy - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2010, 6:16 pm Thread Starter
Noob

RAM Shocks USA Group Buy

Hi All,
I'm a new member here. Just found this in June when Pompadour did the first group buy.
I'm getting another group buy together over at k11og.org [whyoldbill is my moniker there]

If you're interested, here are the basics:
The prices as of today's exchange rate are:
K75/100 Stock Replacement - $316.86
K75/100 lowered (1" short) - $360.23

K1100LT/RS - Stock - $360.23
K1100LT/RS - lowered (1.2" short) - $403.59

All prices are estimates based on $35 shipping (included) and do represent the 10% forum member discount.

If you're interested in the Ignition Leads, they are $60.35 (no shipping if purchased with a shock).

We need 8 more buyers to get the shipping price break that makes this worthwhile.
Send an email to w h y o l d b i l l a t g mail dot com
or PM me.

Thanks!
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2010, 8:20 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Oh man, another nOOb with Spam as the first post.

(Just kidding, I know him from the K11OG forum and this group buy is on the level.)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2010, 5:19 am

Just to confirm from the horses mouth - Bill is taking over the stirling work that Pompadour got under way.

Consider Bill the "Ram Man" in the US. I'm still here with direct links to the factory for any queries.

He will try to build up a small stock of parts for that urgent purchase, but he is hoping to have regular batches of product anyway.

Don't forget, club members still qualify for the 10% discount previously agreed [ ALL products].

Because of the weight of the 10 shox and the weight / price break from the carriers we can include up to 15 lead sets with no additional carriage charge. When the RAM progressive front springs come on line, we can include up to 10 sets for a nominal carriage charge increase.

BTW - progressive fork spring trials now coming to an end and we hope to get production under way within 2-3 weeks. prices being finalised very soon.

Thanx Bill for stepping up.

TJ

Beachcomber
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2010, 11:25 am

Hey beach,

Thinking about the progressive fork springs, what do these have to offer over other offerings from hagon, progressive, Hyperpro... Just looking at getting the best bang for the price...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current: 1985 K100RT Stripped.
See it here DC to Gaspe

Past: 1985 K100
See it here on my trip from DC to Panama
DC to Panama City
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2010, 4:58 am

Lukeman

All the springs you mention are from well respected companies - I used Hagons originally on my bike [ no RAM at the time ! ], you can add Ohlins onto that list.

The ONLY reason for choosing the RAM progressive front spring - is that it has been designed to compliment the RAM rear shocker. No foul if you want to use Progressive, Hagon ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I used the Hagon initially after I fitted the first RAM shocker - as the front end deficiencies of the OEM springs were really shown up [ + they WERE knackered ! ] Immediate improvement with the Hagon, and good value for money - no complaints.

My thoughts were - if it's that much better with an off the shelf unit, how much BETTER could it be if the spring was designed to especially work with the rear shock. That's where we're at.

Of course, we hope to keep the faith with honest prices [ compare the RAM shocker spec for spec ], but to be honest if you go for a quality spring - they are not cheap!

We COULD get a spring wound by another company for half the price ..................... However, the spring man we use has successfully been supplying Realm with automotive springs [ high spec and high performance ] for many, many years.

Someone on the other side suggested YSS - another well respected make and THEY are NOW giving 10% d/c .............................. spoilt for choice.

Beachcomber
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2010, 1:03 pm

Yeah sounds good. I need to pull out a fork spring this weekend and see what I find. This group buy is sounding tempting, and shocks are so easy to swap out. decisions...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current: 1985 K100RT Stripped.
See it here DC to Gaspe

Past: 1985 K100
See it here on my trip from DC to Panama
DC to Panama City
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2010, 3:51 pm
Noob

n00b here, both to this site and K100RS ownership.

@ beachcomber: Any update re availability of the anodized shocks and fork springs?

Best regards and
DG
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2010, 6:26 am

Hi there,

things got a bit hectic in the past 2 months. Realm Engineering had to have the roof replaced on 2 of their factory units - a 2 week job that took 2 months !

nearly back to normal.

OK - I have a major "where we at and where we goin" meeting with AC next week to finalise and put schedules on all the left over work from 2010.

Top of the list is the signing off of the correct shade of Gold and Silver for the anodising.

Don't worry - the Gold is for the new USD super duty version and the new Classic Twinshock series for - well twinshock bikes !

We also hope to finalise the front springs. Strangely the problem has been pricing - the sample springs have been road tested and signed off. Whereas the RAM shox have been priced sympathetically - the cost price we've been quoted for front springs is nothing short of piratical.

Don't worry, we'll get there - Duck you listening !!

Beachcomber
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2010, 10:28 am
Noob

Sounds good, Beachcomber; I'm not in any particular rush.
Happy New Year!

'91 K100RS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode