K75 wiring diagram and workshop manual - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 12:49 pm Thread Starter
Noob
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: notts, , uk
Posts: 15
K75 wiring diagram and workshop manual

Hello,

Well I have bit the bullet and just brought a nice fuel injected k75 engine, gearbox, 99% of the wiring and swingarm for a good price I think.

Anyway, Can anyone tell me where I may get a good clear wiring diagram and workshop manual.

Also can you tell me if the K75 is fly by wire (doubtful) or has a throttle cable ?
boothybunch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Veteran
 
H96669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Burton, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,650
I don't think bmw still sell the paper copies of the wiring diagram, if they ever did, but there is a CD with a lot of models on it, that includes the K75.

Part number is 06727694500 for a little over $50.00. I was just discussing that with someone who bought same CD for the later bikes, there may be a few issues with using/printing due to their propriatory software.

There are quite a few Haynes manuals available for download online such as these:

http://www.freshwap.net/02a/dl/hayne...+repair+manual

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
H96669 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 2:12 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA,
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669
I don't think bmw still sell the paper copies of the wiring diagram, if they ever did, but there is a CD with a lot of models on it, that includes the K75.

Part number is 06727694500 for a little over $50.00. I was just discussing that with someone who bought same CD for the later bikes, there may be a few issues with using/printing due to their propriatory software.

There are quite a few Haynes manuals available for download online such as these:

http://www.freshwap.net/02a/dl/hayne...+repair+manual
The SLP 1 (BMW software) will print out the base wiring diagram on 3 pages. Readable with a magnifying glass. The nice thing about it is that it shows terminal numbers for relays and pinout numbers for stuff like the instrument cluster, L-Jetronic, etc...

I found a BMW K100 wiring diagram folded up in a K100 owners manual I've got. Not sure if it was ever available to the public or came from a shop.

Throttle cable.
FlyingDuck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 3:42 pm Thread Starter
Noob
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: notts, , uk
Posts: 15
does anyone know what if any, the different part numbers are for the two control boxs are for the K75? I have been told one controls the fuelling (silver unit) and one controls the ignition ( black unit)

I have been offered two different (supposedly) units with this engine. As far as I can gather the engine is a 1987 k75
boothybunch is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 3:52 pm Thread Starter
Noob
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: notts, , uk
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDuck
The SLP 1 (BMW software) will print out the base wiring diagram on 3 pages. Readable with a magnifying glass. The nice thing about it is that it shows terminal numbers for relays and pinout numbers for stuff like the instrument cluster, L-Jetronic, etc...

I found a BMW K100 wiring diagram folded up in a K100 owners manual I've got. Not sure if it was ever available to the public or came from a shop.

Throttle cable.

Might help someone out, I found this webpage with wiring diagrams on

K bike wiring diagrams
boothybunch is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 4:55 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA,
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothybunch
one controls the fuelling (silver unit) and one controls the ignition ( black unit)
Correct.

Silver= L-Jetronic fuel control unit

Black= Ignition control unit (ICU)

It's very easy to tell if they're the right ones. The L-Jetronic says "3 Zylinder" on the red Bosch sticker and the ICU has "3 Zilnder" cast into the top of it. Same parts were used for all years.
FlyingDuck is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 4:57 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA,
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothybunch
Might help someone out, I found this webpage with wiring diagrams on

K bike wiring diagrams
That's me. Notice the word duck in the URL?

Those are mostly diagrams from Clymer manuals. They're OK but not as good as the BMW ones.
FlyingDuck is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 7:34 pm Thread Starter
Noob
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: notts, , uk
Posts: 15
Thanks for the replies.

You just get used to a certain way of things being done ie japanese way of wiring and then you decide to be a sucker and try a german wiring.

You should see my other little project







boothybunch is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome