K75 wiring diagram and workshop manual - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 12:49 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K75 wiring diagram and workshop manual

Hello,

Well I have bit the bullet and just brought a nice fuel injected k75 engine, gearbox, 99% of the wiring and swingarm for a good price I think.

Anyway, Can anyone tell me where I may get a good clear wiring diagram and workshop manual.

Also can you tell me if the K75 is fly by wire (doubtful) or has a throttle cable ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Veteran

I don't think bmw still sell the paper copies of the wiring diagram, if they ever did, but there is a CD with a lot of models on it, that includes the K75.

Part number is 06727694500 for a little over $50.00. I was just discussing that with someone who bought same CD for the later bikes, there may be a few issues with using/printing due to their propriatory software.

There are quite a few Haynes manuals available for download online such as these:

http://www.freshwap.net/02a/dl/hayne...+repair+manual

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 2:12 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669
I don't think bmw still sell the paper copies of the wiring diagram, if they ever did, but there is a CD with a lot of models on it, that includes the K75.

Part number is 06727694500 for a little over $50.00. I was just discussing that with someone who bought same CD for the later bikes, there may be a few issues with using/printing due to their propriatory software.

There are quite a few Haynes manuals available for download online such as these:

http://www.freshwap.net/02a/dl/hayne...+repair+manual
The SLP 1 (BMW software) will print out the base wiring diagram on 3 pages. Readable with a magnifying glass. The nice thing about it is that it shows terminal numbers for relays and pinout numbers for stuff like the instrument cluster, L-Jetronic, etc...

I found a BMW K100 wiring diagram folded up in a K100 owners manual I've got. Not sure if it was ever available to the public or came from a shop.

Throttle cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 3:42 pm Thread Starter
Noob

does anyone know what if any, the different part numbers are for the two control boxs are for the K75? I have been told one controls the fuelling (silver unit) and one controls the ignition ( black unit)

I have been offered two different (supposedly) units with this engine. As far as I can gather the engine is a 1987 k75
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 3:52 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDuck
The SLP 1 (BMW software) will print out the base wiring diagram on 3 pages. Readable with a magnifying glass. The nice thing about it is that it shows terminal numbers for relays and pinout numbers for stuff like the instrument cluster, L-Jetronic, etc...

I found a BMW K100 wiring diagram folded up in a K100 owners manual I've got. Not sure if it was ever available to the public or came from a shop.

Throttle cable.

Might help someone out, I found this webpage with wiring diagrams on

K bike wiring diagrams
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 4:55 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothybunch
one controls the fuelling (silver unit) and one controls the ignition ( black unit)
Correct.

Silver= L-Jetronic fuel control unit

Black= Ignition control unit (ICU)

It's very easy to tell if they're the right ones. The L-Jetronic says "3 Zylinder" on the red Bosch sticker and the ICU has "3 Zilnder" cast into the top of it. Same parts were used for all years.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 4:57 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothybunch
Might help someone out, I found this webpage with wiring diagrams on

K bike wiring diagrams
That's me. Notice the word duck in the URL?

Those are mostly diagrams from Clymer manuals. They're OK but not as good as the BMW ones.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 7:34 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for the replies.

You just get used to a certain way of things being done ie japanese way of wiring and then you decide to be a sucker and try a german wiring.

You should see my other little project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode