k75 engine in a car (fuelling question) - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2011, 1:41 pm Thread Starter
Noob

k75 engine in a car (fuelling question)

Well, I am getting on nicely with the slipping of the K75 engine into a little reliant fox car. (pics below)

I am looking for a few good heads to bounce some ideas off to do with the fuel system. Since I am not using the original k75 fuel tank or fuel pump, I need to supply fuel to the fuel rail with a universal electric fuel pump. I have read the haynes manual I downloaded for the bike and have read I need to supply a minimium of 2.5 bar (36 psi) to the rail and the BMW regulator releases at 4.7 bar (68 psi)

If i get one of these universal fuel injection pumps, will the regulator on the fuel rail take care of the fuel pressure or would it be recommend to fit a adjustable fuel pressure regulator??? I would rather ask people with more experience than risk blowing something up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2011, 10:40 am

The Fuel pressure regulator controls the pressure to the injectors so as long as the pump is rated high enough the you will have no problem. Within reason, if you put a super high output pump for a muscle car, the FPR will not be happy.

K-tech pages list the Napa 2P74095 as a nearly direct rated pump, its a lot smaller which shouldn't be a problem cause you'll just be dropping it into a fuel cell anyway. The OEM ones are ridiculously expensive and no reason to use it as you're not restricted to the k75 housing. The napa one is from an older 4 cylinder mustang if you want to check other distributors.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...095_0062648959

I'm sure there are a lot of other options out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current: 1985 K100RT Stripped.
See it here DC to Gaspe

Past: 1985 K100
See it here on my trip from DC to Panama
DC to Panama City

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode