Can't ride my K75s - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2011, 9:32 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Can't ride my K75s

I sure hope you guys can help.

I bought my k75s new in 92. Great bike and I love it. The problem is I have gotten to the point where I just can't ride it anymore. After a very short period of time the ball joint in my hips aches like the devil. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to be able to ride again? I was told lowering and moving the pegs forward along with bar backs will do the trick. I am 63 years old and really don't want to get rid of the bike.

I don't know if that will help or not. I just need to know what I need to do so I can ride the thing.

thanks for the help

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Hooked

I had the same problem with my 91 K100RS, except it was my left hip joint only. After about 45 min of riding I had to get off. You and I are within a year of being the same age. My solution.....I got a hip replacement about 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back. I now ride pain free. Best thing I ever did. Probably not the solution you were looking for.

With my condition, I am not sure there would have been anything I could have done in the way of adjusting the bike that would have helped much. Only thing I can think of would be to go back to a stock seat from the corbin, as the corbin is wider than the stock, thus causing your leg angles at the hip joint area to be more severe which might be aggravating the pain situation.

Be glad to talk about my hip replacement with you if you decide to go down that road.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2011, 3:31 am

I have the same year K75s.
I replaced my stock Corbin (at least I think it was stock) with a Corbin "Gunfighter", mainly because I like the look, and also because nobody wants to ride on the back...
Anyway, if you are looking for a stock Corbin for your K75s, let me know. Mine is extremely comfortable and always has been. It is not in 100% new condition, but it looks pretty good. There is a crack in it that is not readily noticeable unless you inspect it closely.
I also have a set of barbacks that I removed if you are interested in those. I took them off just to see how the bike felt "stock" (they were on it when I bought it).

I'm not looking for top dollar for these items. After I finish a few more items of restoration, I plan to sell the bike anyway. As much as I love it and have enjoyed it over the years, it just does not get ridden anymore since I bought my GT. And it seems a shame to be sitting in my garage when it should be on the road.

Shipping the seat might be pricey...I'm in Los Angeles. Let me know if you're interested.
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2011, 6:46 pm

...the bikes fine as it is.

My Boxer dog 'Diesel' was developing hip and knee joint problems to the point he was becoming lame, I now feed him 5 ml of liquid Glucosamine HCL daily and he's good to go If I miss it for even 1 day the symptoms start to return. Maybe it would work for you

YOU might want to check with a doctor first, ...personally I never visit doctors or hospitals without a Purchase Order

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode