K75 wiring puzzle - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2011, 6:02 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K75 wiring puzzle

I have dropped a k75 engine into a small car.

I have done the engine wiring as much as possible using the fuel injection control box, ignition control box, the fuel injection relay, separate fuel pump relay. I have used a standard blade fusebox and also an inertia switch in case of an accident to shut the engine and fuel pump down.

I have just spun the engine over and it's not trying to fire. I disconnected the fuel pump supply (as it was wurring and drowning everything else out) turned the ignition switch on and heard the fuel pump relay click in, but not the injection relay. I removed the relay and tested with my test probe and it clicked. So i checked all wiring to the relay and everything checks out apart from the Yellow/brown wire (which I assume is earth to the ignition unit)

This wire tests ok to the ignition unit. I decided to test all the brown cables coming out the ignition box and found one with no continuity. This brown is next to a blue/black cable in the multi-plug.

Would this loss of continuity on this brown wire explain the lack of the relay clicking in?

let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2011, 11:21 pm

I think I read that the brown wires are ground, so yes, it could be the problem. But there are many more members here who know much more than I do...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2011, 4:21 am Thread Starter
Noob

my plan is to couple the earth part of my test probe to the brown that has no continuity and then trigger the relay and see if i clicks.

Does anyone have a pin layout for the k75 ignition unit as I can find them for the k100 but not the 75

I thought it would be a good time to post a pic of my car. I have since got all the water pipes installed but not took fresh pics yet

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=100_4575.jpg

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/a...100_4557-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2011, 4:11 pm Thread Starter
Noob

I found the problem, there was a fractured wire in the Ignition control unit harness.

Cost me a new snap-on harness testing unit, but it found the fault straight away. Tested the system thru and everything is working as supposed to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode