Hello from NM - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2011, 1:38 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Hello from NM

Hi everyone,

Just signed up yesterday and wanted to say hi from Albuquerque! I've got an 85 basic K100 that I got back on the road a few weeks back. Long story short, went through a nasty divorce and the ex had my bike hostage in her garage in Tucson where it sat for 3 years. Needless to say, it was time for a new fuel pump, etc. Picked up a complete "kit" (pump, lines, clamps, filter, isolation bracket stuff) from Euro Motoelectrics up near Denver for about 385...cheaper than the dealer wanted for the pump alone and it's OEM stuff. They also threw in 4 bosch plugs and an oil filter. I still need to flush the brakes, change the coolant and the rear end fluid.

Went to Sandia BMW to get a few small pieces/parts and walked out with a single reflector for a saddlebag. After I got home, I went online and got all I needed from A&S. The snorkle and a couple of grommets had to be ordered from the distributor, so it'll be a few days before it all gets here. I was looking around for a new windshield (the little one) and was told by Beemer Boneyard that they're scarce as hens teeth. Went to the backup plan and used a Maguiers headlight restoration kit to get rid of the majority of the yellow and then polished the heck out of it with a wet paper towel and baking soda. Not anywhere near perfect, but tons better now.

Of course, it has the flaky Motometer instruments but I got over my fear this week, tore it apart, and cleaned the pins. So far so good and it'll save the skin on my knuckles since I won't have to bang the speedo anymore! There are a few more little things I want to take care of, but it's definately getting there.

After not riding a few years, it's definately GREAT to be back where I belong. I've had it since 98 and it had about 27000 on it then...yep, someone actually used the maintenance log pages in the back of the owners manual! It has a little over 33K now with more to come. I think my biggest mistake was back in 1993 right before the military moved me to Turkey. I had an 82 R65LS with about 18K on it and I gave it away for 1500 bucks. Shoulda had "STOOPID" tatooed on my forehead for that one. That was one cool little bike.

Anyway, hi again!

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Hello back at ya!

1992 K75RT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Rookie

Welcome Back

Now all you need to do is fill the handle bar with lead shot ( to help stop the buzz ) and put an Audiovox cruise control for about 100 dollars Best add on i ever put on.Set it 70 and it stays at 70 unlike a throttle lock. Touch the brake and it shuts off just like your car.Easy to install too.
Enjoy your return to riding and be safe.

Nelson
96 R1100rt
85 K100RS 2V Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode