BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Sprint Fairing on Happy Joy

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  dbikers 
#1 ·
Finally got the Sprint Fairing on. Am happy with the result!

Before:

Afters:

See less See more
#3 ·
Chaos, thanks :) I honestly dont know yet on the wind deflection, the crosswinds the last two days were insane here, I suspect it will be an improvement though.

I will be putting the OEM fairing on Ebay in the near future, the windscreen in the 'before' image was cracked when I faceplanted so will not be complete :(

#7 ·
Dbikers, The fairing is custom built by Sprint Manufacturing in the UK. The Mirrors are OEM, the headlights are Hella and the LED spot / flood lights are from advmonster.com

Can dig up the contact information for Sprint if you like.

Some images of the fabrication and pre-installation:

#10 ·
inline3 said:
Dbikers, The fairing is custom built by Sprint Manufacturing in the UK. The Mirrors are OEM, the headlights are Hella and the LED spot / flood lights are from advmonster.com
heh, I feel a bit foolish now...Thought it was fairing parts from a TRIUMPH SPRINT but couldn't for the life of me figure out what year..
Online, not sure how you came up with that concoction but it's bad ass . I think it's awesome and dont think i'd change a thing!
Would you ballpark your investment or would it be too painful?

#11 ·
billday said:
I'm really interested to know more about the fairing and how you got yours (ordered from Sprint? Found on Ebay?).

Thanks,

Bill
Bill, thanks! The contact info is:

Trev.
Sprint Manufacturing
30b Upton Lovell, Warminster, Wilts BA12 0JW

Tel: 01985 850821
Fax: 01985 850963
http://www.triumphparts.co.uk

From what I understand, Trev has been fabricating them for decades. He is a class guy, was very helpful & patient with all of my clueless questions.

#12 ·
dbikers said:
heh, I feel a bit foolish now...Thought it was fairing parts from a TRIUMPH SPRINT but couldn't for the life of me figure out what year..
Online, not sure how you came up with that concoction but it's bad ass . I think it's awesome and dont think i'd change a thing!
Would you ballpark your investment or would it be too painful?
I thought it was a Triumph Sprint as well the first time I saw an image of it! heh.

The cost was not cheap, anything handmade in Britain dictates that I think. My cost was approximately $1400 all in including shipping. When I first started looking at the fairing I calculated my cost to be $1200 but a declining dollar relative to the Pound had a pretty significant impact. The variable costs on this are: exchange rates, lighting choice (cibie vs hella vs etc) and labor.

The workmanship is excellent the paintwork was top-notch; Trev contacted me for paint codes to match accordingly. All in all am very happy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.