injector installation - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2011, 8:57 pm Thread Starter

injector installation

Pulled my injectors for cleaning, have gotten them back and hope to re-install them this weekend. When I removed them, I couldn't get them out by pulling on the un-bolted fuel rail (as suggested by Clymer's.). Maybe the Hulk could have done it, but those babies were really in there. I unclipped the injectors from the rail, removed the rail, and pulled the injectors out one by one. Now to put them back in, Clymer's again suggests first attaching them to the rail and pushing the whole works in. I'm inclined to push each injector in separately, and when they're all in attach the rail to them. Does it matter which way I get it done? This is the first time I've ever R & R'd injectors on any vehicle.
Thanks,
Steve
1990 K75RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2011, 11:29 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Put some motor oil on the O-rings. That'll help them slip in more easily. Getting them in the fuel rail first is probably the best way to go. Get them installed in the fuel rail and then, using a block of wood and a hammer, use some love taps to get them in.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2011, 8:55 am
Noob

I, too, just got my injectors back from service and installed them last night.
Mr. Injector is, indeed, THE MAN.
Like the OP, I had a hard time removing the injectors originally as the O-rings were a mess.
I also used a shop vac and wire brush to clean out the injector sockets.
With a little motor oil on the o-rings they went back remarkably easier than they came out.
My K100 runs much smoother now.
I still have a small acceleration "stumble" immediately off of idle but overall the injector service made a major improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2011, 10:50 am
Veteran

And did they give you some new O-Rings? Just asking because I just bought some BMW OEMS for the K1200RS. I did not like the price at all, but had no time to go look at aftermarket alternatives, so Max to the rescue....for a fee of course!

Oh...Motor oil is fine to lube, so is Vaseline, Clymer says grease, whatever you choose NO SILLYCONE PRODUCTS !!!! They will F...Up your O2 Sensor if so equipped.

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53

Last edited by H96669; Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:00 am.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2011, 11:04 am
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Mr. Injector's service includes new O-rings and a new pintel cap. (That's the spray tip.)

What BMW charges for O-rings is obscene for a generic part like a fuel injector O-ring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode