Brake bleeding on K75 1994 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:00 am Thread Starter
Noob

Brake bleeding on K75 1994

Hi All,
I'm having a problem bleeding my rear brakes. There is no air in the brake caliber but i'm finding it difficult getting all the air out of the Abs System. When I'm pumping the foot brake could i be putting air into the system through the foot brake system as a seal could be at fault? or is it in the ABS system. There are no signs of leaks in the area??? Can some help. Bleed the front brake in the same manor and no issue.Bleeding the ABS system first at all times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:25 pm
PsyKotic Waterfowl

Unmount the caliper. Hang it from the frame with some string so that any air in system has an upward route from the modulator the whole way to the bleed valve. Also make sure the hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder isn't pinched.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2013, 1:46 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDuck
Unmount the caliper. Hang it from the frame with some string so that any air in system has an upward route from the modulator the whole way to the bleed valve. Also make sure the hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder isn't pinched.
Cheers will give this a go tomorrow many thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:37 am Thread Starter
Noob

bleeding brakes rear K75 rt

Ok guys, i've hung up the rear calipers so that the air contained would go to the highest position. I have bleed the calipers ( still Hanging) but i still have air in the pressure vessel ?? am i doing something wrong??? can you help. No leaks any where in the system and refurbished the master cylinder. ???????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode