Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
87 K100RS Missing Badly
I have an 87 K100RS with almost 100k miles on it. The bike is missing very badly and my mechanic and I are both stumped. Here are some of the details. Any thoughts?
- Bike is hard to start when cold. When warm, it starts right up
- The miss happens when cold or warm
- There is a very audible clunk
- I replaced the L-Jet fuel injection control unit and we thought that fixed it, but no luck.
- For a few months now, shortly after start when I first ride, I would get a very bad hesitation when in first - so bad that when turning from a stop it almost dies.
- The bike will now slowly die shortly after start if I don't keep the throttle slightly open. This has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of weeks.
I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a video of the problem is anyone if curious.